How He Makes It Up to You (Part 2)

Roy Walker (The Fall): You had been tossing and turning in bed for the last few hours. It frustrated you that you were so bothered by this. You felt guilty for walking away from Roy. It was only when you got home, calmed down a little did you remember Roy's past. You wanted to run back to him and apologize but felt too embarrassed and stubborn to do so right after storming off.

You sat up, irritated by yourself, and switched on the lamp on the nightstand. You picked up your mobile phone and tapped on the name you were searching for. Your finger floated right above the call button as you wondered for the millionth time.

Bzzzz!

The vibration and ringtone caused you to drop the phone on your bed. Roy's name appeared on the screen, indicating that he was the caller.You knotted your brows in amusement, and tapped on the screen to pickup the call.

"Roy?"You bit on your lip to stifle the growing smile.

"Y/N?"His voice was hoarse and low. He sounded awful which made your heart dropped.

"I'm sorry," both of you said in unison, causing both parties to chuckle nervously.

"I know I can be quite a downer at times. The time off always brings the bouts back. I'm sorry. I mean... I'm trying my best but..."

"It's hard," you finished.

"Yeah,"he sighed.

"I'm sorry for my lack of patience. I shouldn't be so hard on you. I-"

"No!" Roy cut in. "I needed that. I need someone to push me, to remind me that it's going to be okay. That there's still hope, to keep the faith."

You sat in silence as you thought of what to say. Tears began to well up.Right now, all you wanted was to be with him, hold him close, and talk. Over the phone, everything felt distant, off.

"Y/N?"

"Yea?"You wiped away the tears that rolled down your cheeks.

"Open the front door."

"Huh?"

"Open the front door," he repeated.

You sniffled, dragging yourself off the bed and to the front door. You unlocked it to find a teary-eyed Roy by your doorstep, a phone pressed against his ear.

"What are you doing here?" A smile was quick to replace the frown on your face.

He ended the call, pocketing the phone. You mirrored his action. "I'm sorry." You exhaled the breath that you had been holding.

Roy noticed the fresh tears on your cheeks and pulled you in for a hug."I'm sorry," he whispered, brushing your hair in a calming manner. "It's alright. I'm here," he coaxed. He pulled back ever so slightly and studied your face, wiping the tears with his thumbs as he held your face. His gentle eyes peered right into yours,striking out any need to speak. You knew then, just as he did that there would always be the difficult times, but as long as the two of you were willing to talk it out, the good times were eminent.

Whit Coutell (Ceremony): Whit sat in his car after what felt like hours since you had left. He was stumped by your accusations. He wracked his brain trying to recall the events of the night, and the other times when he was around the company of attractive women. He had to admit that he had always turned the charm on whenever he was around pretty women, but that could also be applied to the times when he had to entertain any guests, be it men or women. But maybe you had a point. Maybe he did lead on the ladies a little more than he intended to. He had always enjoyed the attention, and the knowledge that he could still catch the attention of a beautiful woman.