Thunderstorms

Ned the Pie Maker (Pushing Daisies): You can always tell when a thunderstorm was coming. Digby would naturally curl up under the bed at the slightest rumble of a thunder which became your cue to wrap yourself with the blanket in bed. It didn't take Ned too long to figure out that you were not exactly a fan of thunderstorms nor were you terrified of them. You just liked feeling cozy in bed under the covers and listened to the sounds of the rain and thunder with the flashes of lightning to accompany them. So, whenever there was a thunderstorm, Ned would make a pot of tea and along with two mugs, he would place them by the bedside table and curl in bed with you. It was moments like these that the two of you shared the most intimate details of your past, your thoughts of the present and your fear of the future. Ned loved laying in bed next to you, facing you, his hand held yours or rested over your waist as he listened to you spoke. When Ned opened up, you usually held his gaze, letting him know that you were listening, that you cared about him, that you were interested in his thoughts. Sometimes he would run his fingers through your hair, lingering over your neck as he held onto you. Other times, when neither of you felt like talking, you would stay in bed, staring at one another, studying the canvas before you. It felt intense to simply stay in silence and stare at one another and not touch and you loved it. It was during these thunderstorms that you learned the most about Ned the pie maker.

Joe MacMillan (Halt and Catch Fire): Joe and thunderstorms were amazing. It was during these times that sparked his creativity and adventurous side the most. There was something about the loud crackle of thunder and the pouring rain that made him feel invincible. He was the one who taught you to love and enjoy the storms. The first time it happened, he led you outside and simply stood beneath the downpour with his arms raised as he took it all in. "Trust me," he muttered and held your hands out. "Close your eyes," he shouted over the rain. You did as told and felt the drops of rain against your skin and clothes, soaking them. In the darkness, you could only hear the sounds of the thunder but not the flashing white lightning. You felt your heart raced as the thunder raged on. Joe laughed causing you to open your eyes. You watched him as he stared right back at you - the unmistakable glint in his eyes. He pulled you close for a fierce kiss, with each crackle of the thunder; he hugged your body closer to his, lips pressed tightly against yours. Your knees felt light, you felt dizzy from the overwhelming sense of your surrounding and Joe's electrifying touch. From then on, whenever there was a thunderstorm, you would either find yourself outside under the pouring rain with Joe or the two of you would sit outside, away from the rain but close enough to feel the spray against your skin and for the lightning and thunder to jumpstart that adrenaline within you.

Aaron Tyler (Wonderfalls): The first time you experienced a thunderstorm with Aaron was when you were watching a film on the couch at his parents' home. The unexpected snap of a thunder and flash of white light caused Aaron to jump from his seat. Your head was rested on his lap when it happened which caused you to jump in unison at the sudden movement. You sat up, a slight smirk playing on your lips. "Are you actually scared of the thunder?" you asked. Aaron shook his head in denial until the next loud rumble and flash that caused him to scoot nearer to you. You laughed at the sight. "Riiigghhttt..." you smirked. Aaron shot a quick glare in your direction. You picked up the remote and switched off the TV before sitting closer to Aaron, wrapping an arm around him. In this state, he was too precious to laugh at. So, you leaned your head against his as he rested on your shoulder. You watched him traced random patterns on the palm of your hand. This was pretty much how you spent the time together whenever there was a thunderstorm. You would hold onto him as he mindlessly drew patterns on your palm as the two of you waited for the storm to subside.

Thranduil (The Hobbit): You unlocked the door to your apartment, still in a fit of giggles as Thranduil and yourself stumbled into your apartment, your clothes and hair were soaking wet from the downpour forming puddles of water on the hardwood floors. You were turning the lock to secure the door when you were spun around, body pinned against the door. Thranduil's laughter filled your ears as he bowed, closing his lips on the sweet spot beneath your ear, sending chills down your spine as you arched your back against the door and closer to Thranduil. You could feel him smile as his lips worked its way down your neck. The smell of his cologne and rain clouded your senses. You gripped onto his expensive suit, holding onto him for support. The sudden clap of thunder startled you, pulling Thranduil out of the trance he was in, or so you thought. His icy blue eyes met yours in the dark apartment, his lips slowly twitched into a smirk. "Where's your bedroom?" he almost growled as he tackled your lips with his. You gasped into the kiss causing Thranduil to chuckle between kisses. The sound of raindrops against your glass windows grew louder as the storm grew fiercer. You pulled back briefly to take another good look at Thranduil's now flushed face. The smolder in his eyes and the licking of his lower lip sent you over the edge. You grabbed him by the lapel of his jacket and led him towards your bedroom. From that night onwards, you knew for a fact that stormy weather was a turn-on for Thranduil. It transformed him from a perfect gentleman to a primal being in the blink of an eye. So, whenever the weather forecast predicted a thunderstorm, Thranduil would find a way around his schedule and yours to spend some "quality time" together.