Chapter 8

Leaving my car after a long and awkward conversation about my twins love life that went kinda like this; "So, you have a girlfriend." Brief silence. "Yeah. So?" Smugness. "Alright then." Car door slams. Yeah leaving the scene of that tension was like a miracle, too bad it led me to a confrontation I wanted to put off. At least until I was a bit more emotionally prepared. 

Well now or never right? "Axel!" Her head turned making red-hair flop into the face I was currently infatuated with. I mean other than my own of course. 

"Oh, hey. What's up Beaux?" Breath you hot mess, you. Okay! I can do this. Maybe.

"Can I ask you something after school?" She sighed. And her face visibly relaxed. Cool that must mean she likes me back, right?

"Sure. See you then, bye." She left quickly and I trudged to my class slowly reflecting on my terrible decision.  Now instead of just getting the stress over I have to let it simmer all day. Entering my first period I sat down in my usual seat quickly noticing the new addition. There was an extra chair on the table I sit at alone. Must be a class transitional student. Every once in a while those kids were switched from class to class just to be sure they reached their full learning potential. I should know, Zander and I were both in that program. Since I was only selectively smart, which meant I needed extra "Guidance". And he had 'unlimited potential' in their words. 

That was what I had expected to be honest. I may be better at communication and social things but he would always beat me at sports and traditional courses like English or History. Anyways... who's the child that must now sit next to me? 

Oh god.

Why the hell has my luck been awful recently? At the back corner of my Math room stood, Nik. Probably my least favorite person beside from the one who ruined my face's beauty, Terri. Maybe today wouldn't be good after all. Well one way to find out. 

"Hello Nik. Are you going to be attending this class now?" I asked with the most pleasant smile I could manage. He could probably sense my disdain though. I had kinda expected him to seem more, whats the word? Evil? Yeah that'll work. But he seemed like a puppy dog. And I don't mean an angry and mean one who bites, I mean one who waits by the door until you return home and follows you around obsessively when you are home.  

"Yes I am." He said softly confusing me even more. But what was really shocking was his next statement, "Are you... Okay?"

"W-what?" I questioned him in response to the ridiculous thing he asked. He looked down meeting my eyes.

"I'm kind of a pacifist. I thought you would be fine.I was wrong and I should have stepped in earlier than I did. For my negligence, I apologize." Okay I take back what I thought earlier, he definitely can't be described as a puppy, or evil for that matter. He was like a life long bodyguard that loved you with all their heart. It was like a complete one eighty from how he was yesterday. Wow, if right now is any clue for the rest of my day after school with Axel should go great. But it's not like I didn't already know that.

-----------------------

I keep forgetting to do the part where he asks Axel out because of other cute parts. I promise it will happen next chapter. Seriously. Moving on, do y'all like Nik at all? If anyone's wondering, yes he does like Beaux but I'll go farther into that later. That's it love y'all, BYE!!!!

~Blood-Fawn