Chapter 2- Gabrielle

"So, how did you manage to come back?"

"I made a deal with Ares. He restore me to my original form and I bring the world together under the leadership of the greatest warrior ever known. Little does he know that I plan on bringing the world under our power, Gabrielle. The way it should be."

"He will try and stop us when he finds out our plan."

"That's what I'm bargaining for."

Callisto calls their army to a halt. 

"Set up camp and get the new men suited up. I hear that Draco is headed toward Amphipolis. We want to be prepared to stop him."

Both leaders dismount as the men set up camp. 

"How do you know that Draco is headed to Amphipolis?"

"He was uninformed on the death of Xena. I told him she was gone and he will go to pay his respects. He will get a little more than he bargained for."

"I want his head. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have ever met Xena and I would still be that innocent girl in Potedaea."

"We will have his head and the head of any man, woman, or beast who opposed Xena. There are so many things I wish I could have told her. You knew her better than I did, Gabrielle. I want to hear who she was to you."

"Xena was my savior. She was my family, my friend, and above all, my soulmate. She was everything good in my life. She is the reason I didn't kill you and she is the reason I learned forgiveness," Gabrielle and Callisto have wandered a ways from the camp and sit next to a stream, "Sometimes I can hear her voice in my head telling me to let go, but I can't. I can't just give up everything now. It can't be too late. It can't be over."

"It isn't over, Gabrielle. I can feel it deep inside me."

"Everyone tells me she's gone. That she isn't coming back."

"Then we have to prove them wrong. She's come back before and she can come back again."

Gabrielle smiles, "I know what we have to do."