Chapter 3- Xena

"Let me guess, you want me to get you out of here so you can put the world in my power. I already have someone doing that for me. I think you may remember her."

"Would you shut up Ares and listen. Don't assume things that aren't true. Now, I asked you here because I am concerned."

"Concerned? Oh, your little friend going around killing and becoming a better warrior than you."

Xena hears Callisto's cry for help and grins.

"She's good and you're right, she is becoming better than me. In fact she is better than you, Ares. She's already bested Callisto. Callisto listens to her every command, no matter how much she would love to be in charge herself. My guess is, the two of them together can take you down and with you out of the way, Gabrielle will claim your place as God of War. That is, if you don't stop them now."

"And how do you suppose I do that?"

"The Chains of Hephaestus. They are unbreakable without  the Sword of Hephaestus."

"And if I want them loose?"

"Get the sword. I'm sure you know how to strike chains with a sword."

"Alright, I'll do it. Under one condition. You rule the world with me as my queen."

"I accept your offer."

Ares leaves as Solan returns with Celesta.

"We have to hurry. We don't have much time."

"Xena," Celesta addresses her, "you can only return to a mortal form once your ashes have been released onto the earth. Until then, you will remain a spirit. If the ashes aren't released in time, you will disappear into oblivion forever."

"I understand. Now we have to go. Before it's too late."

"Mother, when we cross over, I will need to wound myself. Don't be alarmed when I do. It is only temporary."

They cross over and Solan pulls his sword and jabs it into his side, he stumbles forward a few feet and falls.

"Help me. Somebody! Help!"