Chapter 4- Xena

Xena watches her son struggle to breathe. She can feel her spirit getting weaker by the second. Celesta had told her she doesn't have much time but she didn't realize how short of time she has until now. She watches as Gabrielle comes running with her sword drawn. She can't make out what they are saying but she sees a slight change in Gabrielle's face when Gabrielle realizes that it is Solan. After an exchange of words, Xena watches Gabrielle raise her sword as if she were going to kill Solan. 

"NO!"

Xena uses all her strength to hurl herself forward. She hits Gabrielle full force but it barely phases her. She can feel her spirit fading fast. She watches Gabrielle hand Solan the urn of her ashes and notices that as he speaks, Gabrielle's face turns hard. The next thing Xena knew, the urn was flying through the air as she faded into blackness. 

                                                             *******************************

Xena opens her eyes. She sits up and feels the familiar leather and her hand grazes the cool metal on her chakram. She grins, then a rush of reality hits her. She looks toward where Solan lies with Gabrielle standing over him with her sword raised, fire in her eyes.