Chapter 7

They ride in silence for a while before Callisto speaks.

"So, this is it? All is forgiven?"

"Oh, no. All is not forgiven. We have a lot to talk about but first we have an army to stop. An army which, need I remind you, you gave Gabrielle control of, knowing that she might pull something like this."

"Oh, so this is my fault?"

"Not entirely, Callisto. Gabrielle, when this is through we need to have a long talk about your life choices over the past ten years. You are a Amazon queen but you have been acting like tyranic warlord. And Solan, you ran your sword too close to your lungs and clipped them. All three of you have made this difficult."

Gabrielle cuts in.

"As if you're a saint."

"I made a small mistake. Now can we quit arguing? I'd rather save my energy to fight that army."

They reach Amphipolis slightly ahead of schedule.

"Gabrielle, gather as many townspeople as possible who are willing to fight. Callisto, get Solan to the tavern. It should be a safe place. I'll go to the armory and see what weapons we can use. We meet at the tavern in half an hour to get a bite to eat and hand out weapons."

Callisto rides to the tavern with Solan and carries him inside. She is greeted by Xena's mother, Cyrene.

"This boy needs to be treated immediatly. Xena said he would be safe here."

"Xena? As in.."

"As in the warrior princess, come back from the dead Xena. Now he needs to be treated."

"Is she here?"

"Yes, she is organizing a militia to stop Gabrielle's army. Well, she's getting the weapons and Gabrielle is looking for volunteers to fight. Now can we get him treated?"

"Right."

Cyrene lays Solan down on a bench and exposes his wound.

"Now you are saying that Gabrielle has an army that is going to attack this village and she is helping stop that army?"

"Yes. She knew that if anything would bring Xena back it would be threatening her family."

"Gabrielle is one smart girl. I'm glad my daughter decided to be friends with her."

While Cyrene and Callisto are chatting about what is going on, Xena is sorting through the weapons in the armory. She collects the spears and bows and pile them into a box along with the arrows and begins transporting them to the tavern while Gabrielle walks through the town collecting the able bodied men and women and drafting them into her makeshift militia. They all gather at the tavern preparing themselves for the fight ahead.