Chapter 12

"Did you sleep for long enough on the plane?" I asked Gabi as we drove my old red mini to Pablo's house.

She nodded and smiled from the back, but I could tell her eyes would shut any minute.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to do this for me." I said as I turned to Pablo, who had brought my car to the airport to meet us.

"Yeah, it's just like old times. But I can't keep lying for you Angie, you will have to tell German eventually."

I sighed. I knew he was right, but I just needed to go to the wedding. I needed to speak to Violetta and go from there.

Pablo had agreed to watch Gabi while I was at the wedding since he was not going, then I could speak to Vilu and tell German.

We pulled up into his driveway and I parked the car.

"Gabi." I said as I turned around. "Mummy's got to go, but you might be able to come and meet me later. You're going to stay with my friend Pablo."

She nodded.

"He can teach you some more of those songs you like."

She looked up at him and smiled.

We all got out of the car and I gave her a hug and kiss before she walked into the house.

"Look after her Pablo." I said as I hugged him.

"I will." He replied as I got back into the car and drove over to German's house.

+++

I decided to go to the back door as it meant I was less likely to be greeted by German. I was about to knock on the door when I noticed it was open.

"Vilu?" I shouted as I walked in.

There was no reply for a while, so I shouted again.

"Angie is that you?"

A voice called out, but it wasn't Vilu  who embraced me in a hug, it was Olga.

"Miss Angie, you're back! I wish you'd called, I could have got your old room ready for you."

"It's fine Olga, I'm not staying. Is Vilu here?"

"She's in her room."

I thanked her before heading up to Vilu's room.

I looked through the door and saw her doing her hair, presumably for the wedding that would be starting in a few hours.

"Need another pair of hands?" I asked.

She whipped he head around as soon as she heard my voice and dropped the hair she was holding in her hands.

"Angie!" She squealed as she ran over and embraced me in the tightest hug I have felt for years.