Chapter 18

The reception of the wedding was more awkward than I could have imagined.

After I left, they continued with the wedding because Anastasia still wanted to marry him. From what Vilu and Leon told me, German was acting strangely throughout the whole ceremony and now no one could find him.

As I walked around the room, people stared at me and pointed, making remarks I wish I hadn't heard.

The bride was also nowhere to be found. She had disappeared soon after everyone arrived at the new venue.

"Angie."

I turned around to see Pablo.

"What are you doing here? And where is my daughter?"

He smiled.

"First of all, hi. Second of all, I was invited. Thirdly, I left her with Beto, he's at the food table."

I looked over to the table, and sure enough, there he was, and there she was as well.

"Just go and get her, and make sure she doesn't leave your side."

He nodded as I started to walk away.

"And what about you?"

"I just need to go outside and get some air."

I headed towards the door and passed the table with the glasses of wine on it. I picked one up, figuring I would probably need it, and pushed the door open to step outside.

The hall we were in looked rather majestic from the outside, but I mean, I was expecting no less. After all, German is a millionaire, and most women he falls in love with are very materialistic.

I walked towards the fountain in front of me and sat on the ledge. As I looked around, I took a large swig of the wine, almost finishing it off.

Although it was dark out, and I may have had more than one glass of wine by that point, I could make out a figure. They staggered towards the hall.

German.

I quickly finished the glass and placed it beside me, wishing I had brought another one out with me.

I contemplated going back inside, to avoid a confrontation, but he had seen me, and was heading in my direction.