Chapter 13

"Wait, so what happened?"

"Me and Liz were at a bar and this guy came up to us. He was big and muscular so we let him buy us a drink."

Violetta turned around to look at me.

"And then what happened?"

"Well it was going pretty well, until he started speaking."

"Why, what was wrong with his voice?"

"Well, let's put it this way. It was like everything was on steroids, apart from his voice!"

She laughed so much that her eye began to tear up and she had to grab a tissue before her ever so carefully done makeup could run.

"So, enough about me." I said, "How have things been here?"

"Good." She responded.

"And Leon?" I asked.

She looked down sheepishly and smiled. Then, she slowly lifted her hand to revel a ring I had yet to notice.

"He proposed!" She squealed.

I was about to congratulate her when there was a knock at the door.

We both turned to face it and Leon was stood there.

"Hi, Vilu, do you know when your father is expected to arrive, only him and I need to leave soon and it's getting rather late."

Violetta walked over to Leon and he wrapped his arms around her.

"Dad agreed to make Leon one of his groomsmen. Ramallo is the best man, obviously."

I smiled.

Before even thinking I opened my mouth.

"You know what, I can go and find him. You two finish getting ready."

I was just about to walk out of the door when I remembered something.

"While I'm out, could you go up to the attic and find a dress for me. I'm pretty sure at least a quarter of those clothes up there are mine!"

She laughed and nodded.

I walked down the stairs and headed towards the door.

"Miss Angie!"

I turned to see Olga coming towards me, waving her feather duster in the air.

"Don't worry Olga, I am dust free!"

She looked confused for a second then tossed the feather duster onto the sofa.

"Why are you leaving so quickly?"

"I'm just going to find German, Olga."

She looked as though she was going to make a comment about German and I, so I quickly continued before she had the chance to.

"And could you get me a dress from my sister's things in the attic. I asked Vilu but it appears she and Leon are a bit preoccupied at the minute, they both seem so fascinated by the insides of each other's mouths. I believe that the green one, with the thick straps is one of mine. Maria always took my clothes."

I was about to leave then Olga stopped me.

"But Miss Angie, Mr German requested that I move the contents of the attic soon after you left, around the time he started seeing Miss Anastasia actually."