Chapter 16

"Thank you Olga, it's perfect! But where did you find it, I thought German asked you to throw them all away?"

I looked down at the gorgeous green dress.

"Oh Miss Angie, did you really think I would throw away Maria's clothes? Violetta agreed to keep them at her and Leon's apartment."

I couldn't take my eyes off of the dress in the mirror.

"Do you remember the last time your sister wore that dress?" She asked smiling.

"Of course, she wore it to my birthday party."

Memories came flooding back into my mind. Maria and I dancing around our living room as she did my hair.

"Yeah. You look just like her."

Olga smiled and I smiled back.

+++

I arrived at the church. As I walked up the steps to enter, I looked around. There were a few people I recognised, and others I did not, who I assumed were family and friends of Anastasia.

I followed people through the doors and looked for a place to sit. I was about to take a seat beside a blonde woman, then I heard a voice call out my name.

"Angie!"

I looked to her and walked over.

"Hi Jade."

"Please, sit."

I smoothed my dress beneath me as I sat on the wooden pew.

"So Angie, how have you been?"

I was just about to speak, when music began to play. The doors opened and people began to walk down the aisle.
Most were people I didn't know, then I saw Ramallo and Leon. I held my breath as I waited for German to walk in, but they both shook their heads at me.

The next people who entered were the bridal party. Still no sign of German.

Everyone was waiting anxiously; Violetta was looking at me with wide eyes; Anastasia was trying to keep composure and her mother was looking rather anxious.

The minutes went by slowly as people began to chatter quietly. The topic of discussion was mainly German's absence, and although I did not really care for Anastasia, I imagine it would be rather mortifying.

Then, all of a sudden the church was silent as the doors burst open.