Chapter 5 (Just revised)

Camille

"Cam, come on out" whined Cassie.  She'd been after me for a week now to go to this new club called Belladonna so I told her yes just to shut her up.  I splurged on a lacy little red number and I had to admit it looked good on me especially with the red Louboutins I picked up for a steal; I left my hair down and went into party mode make up with dark kohl around my eyes, smoky shadow and red lip stain.  I picked up my matching clutch off the counter and flung the door open.  

"Ta da!" I said throwing my arms out to the side.  "What do you think?" I asked Cassie, who's mouth was hanging open now. 

 "Damn girl!  Who knew behind the glasses, apron and flour you'd clean up this well" she joked.  I scoffed at her and then changed the subject to her.  Cassie was wearing tight black skinny jeans with a black Lycra halter top that sported a metal zipper down the cleavage and sexy black high heels.

  "Talk about cleaning up!" I whistled at her.  We decided that we'd take a cab tonight and then another one when we were finished at the club.  Apparently Cassie had met one of the bouncers who in turn, with the promise of her phone number, said he would get us in to this exclusive club.  I have to admit I was looking forward to having some fun, maybe dance a little and have a drink or two.  It'd been so long since either of us had gone out; here lately we were all about work.

The cab pulled up to the curb and I was shocked to see a line stretch half way down the street.  "Cassie are we going to have to wait in line?" I asked, not believing the people trying to get in.  She shook her head no. 

 "I'm calling Dino right now to let him know we're here.  Just give me a second" she said.  I heard a deep male voice answer on the other line.  "Dino, baby, it's Cassie.  Yes my friend and I are right outside.  Really?  Great!  See you in two seconds" she said hanging up.  "He's coming out that door right there" she said pointing to a door just right of the main club entrance.  Sure enough a huge body builder type guy, in a suit, stepped out and waved us over.  I paid the cabbie and we stepped from the vehicle.  

Sometimes I wished that I could be as outgoing as Cassie, but most of the time I found myself very reserved.  I watched her receive a hug from the giant man and I received a polite nod; he opened the door and ushered us in. 

 "Dino?" I said sticking out my hand.  He grasped mine.  "Thank you for this" I said indicating him getting us in.  "I'm Camille by the way." 

 He bowed gracefully and said "My pleasure."  We got our hands stamped and walked inside the enormous building.

There were three stacked levels, the bottom level where we were was a dance floor and bars that went all the way around the room, the second level was just table, chairs and the same bar layout and the third floor was the VIP area. 

 "Holy crap!" I half yelled over the music to Cassie. 

 "I know right?" she yelled back excitedly as I followed her to the bar.  She leaned over and flirted with the bartender.  "Two Cosmos" she asked.  

"Sure thing, baby" he said winking at her.  I just rolled my eyes; she really couldn't help the attention she received and I guess I was always too wrapped up in my surroundings to notice that I was getting plenty of looks and stares.  We got our drinks and made our way to a table that Dino had so nicely reserved for us. 

 I turned towards Cassie and shouted in her ear "Dino seems to be nice.  I'm surprised he went as far as to set a table aside for us."  

She wiggled her eyebrows and said "Well I'm hoping I get to find out how 'nice' he is later on this evening."  I just rolled my eyes at her and sipped my drink and people watched.  Damn the bartender did not make these for the faint-hearted.  I was already getting the warm and fuzzies from the alcohol when Cassie asked if I was ready to shake my ass.  I giggled, not that she could hear it and nodded my head yes.  This should be interesting.

They started playing Goldfinch Salute and the place lost it's damn mind, bodies mixing it up and undulating all over the place and before I knew what was happening Cassie and I were surrounded by gorgeous looking men as we danced our asses off.  When I would get moving some people had said I looked a lot like J Lo when I'd pop my hips and shake my behind.  I didn't see it but then again I just let the music lead me and it seemed to do okay by me; we were laughing and having a great time.  

I felt like I could dance all night and I was totally digging this club.  It was one of the nicest I'd been to in a long time.  When that song finished the DJ went straight into Jennifer Lopez On The Floor, one of my all time favs to dance too!  Cassie and I knew all the words so we were mouthing and singing to each other and that got the others around us involved and it became a huge party in our little circle. 

 We needed a potty break so we went together; that was always our thing when we went out to clubs, never go anywhere alone.  We managed to get through the line and make our way into the immense bathroom.  I'd never seen public restrooms that looked like this.  We did our business and made our way to the counter to wash our hands and freshen up.  

"Damn girl!" I grinned at her. 

 "Havin fun?" she asked elbowing me.  We went back out to our table when Dino walked up and said we'd been invited to the VIP area!  Dino escorted us to the elevator and took us up personally and when we got off on the third floor I almost swallowed my tongue when I saw who was sitting on the couch!  Dominic Giossi!  I recognized him but he clearly didn't recognize me.  I could have a little fun with this I thought.