Chapter 25 (Just revised)

Dominic

I watched Camille come out of the bathroom and to say she looked breathtakingly gorgeous would not do her justice. She wore her hair up in big messy curls with a few strands hanging on either side of her face, her makeup was tastefully done and she had painted her lips red, the kind of red that you beg to have wrapped around you; the dress fit her like a glove, accentuating her hips and ass and her breasts looked perfect; my girlfriend was stunning.

 I just smiled at her while holding her heels; I walked towards her and got on one knee, taking her right foot in my hand I slipped her shoe on and while she held on to the door frame I slipped the other one on.

 She giggled and said "Why aren't you gallant!" I bowed, smirking and received a playful hit on my arm. 

All kidding aside I said to her "You will be the most beautiful woman there." 

Her hands went up to my bow tie as she said "I don't think I've ever seen anyone so handsome." "You ready?" I asked, holding out my hand. She nodded as we headed the the car.

Beni held the door of my BMW open for us, I knew Camille wouldn't be able to climb into my SUV wearing that dress. 

 "Carlo, Fino and Dante will be in the follow car?" I asked Beni. 

 "Yes, Boss" he replied. 

 "Francis gave you the guest list?"  Beni nodded.  "Everyone checked out, Dom" he assured me. 

 "Okay, like always you boys will mingle" I told him, slipping into the car.  I put my hand in Camille's and asked if she was okay. 

 "I'm a little nervous" she answered. 

 "Don't be" I said trying to reassure her.  "You're beautiful and charming." I added, kissing her hand.

We pulled through the open gate, one of my men stationed here checking invitations.  "Beni, window" I commanded.  The back window rolled down so I could speak with Paulo, one of my soldiers. 

 "Boss" he said respectfully.  

"Paulo, anything that didn't seem right?" I asked.  He shook his head no.  "Everyone has had their invites and proper ID" he replied.  I nodded and we drove on through, up the drive and to the front door; Beni would let us out and drive the car around back where another soldier would guard the car.  It seems like a lot of trouble, but when you're a Giossi you can't be too careful.

Francis greeted us at the door.  

"Mr. Dominic, how are you this evening?" he asked.  

"Good, Francis.  Thank you.  You remember Camille Devereaux?" I asked.  He nodded. 

 "It's a pleasure seeing you again, Ms. Devereaux" he said politely.

  "You too, Francis" she said smiling. 

 "Mr. Dominic, your mother is in the sitting room" the man told me.  I nodded and we stepped inside further.  My mom had really outdone herself this year.  Everything was done in black, red and white, it looked stunning. 

 "Your mom certainly knows how to throw a party" Camille said.  I smirked and nodded as we walked towards the lavish sitting room. 

"Dominic!" I turned to see my beautiful mother walking towards us, no over dramatics just her. 

"Mom" I greeted her with a kiss on her cheek. She turned to Camille.

 "Darling, you look magnificent" she said kissing her cheek. 

"Valentina you look amazing and the house is beyond beautiful" Camille commented.

 "I'm really glad you were able to come tonight" I heard mom tell Camille. Small talk; I couldn't stand it. I followed mom and Camille into the entry way, then making our way to the ballroom.

 I saw someone I never expected to see here and I was about to walk towards him when he laughed, Camille's head jerked around and the two of them were staring at each other. Antonio Giovanni and Camille Devereaux...and then I saw it. No. It just couldn't be!

I was worried by the look I saw on Camille's face; it was a mixture of emotions ranging from disbelief, to denial, to pain.

 "Camille, baby, what's wrong?" I asked trying not startle her.

 "Dominic, who is that man? I feel like I know him but I can't place it" her voice shaky. 

"His name is Antonio Giovanni; he's a family friend who lives in Italy" I answered her.

 "My God!" she said. "Don't you see it?" she asked completely freaked out now. I needed to get her out of there before all eyes were on us.

 "Mother, bring Antonio to the study but be discreet about it" I said authoritatively. She nodded, laughing and grabbed the man's arm and whispered something, then they followed us.

As soon as the door was shut I asked what the hell was going on. Antonio stepped forward and addressed Camille.

 "You see it to, don't you child?" he asked her gently. 

She shook her head saying "It's not possible" her voice almost a whisper. I felt like I'd just walked into somewhere else. 

"Camille" Giovanni started. "I am your biological father; I have been looking for you for over twenty years" he stated. I was worried my girl was going to pass out. 

"It's not possible!" she said loudly. "Paul Devereaux was my father!" He looked hurt but not surprised by her reaction.

 "I met your mother in Italy. I was only twenty, wild and rebellious. I fell in love with her but by the time I found out she was pregnant she had left and headed back to America; I didn't even know her real name. The one she gave was..." Camille interrupted him.

 "Sara Hughes." Antonio gasped.

 "How did you know?" he asked.

 "My dad, Paul that is, told me when I got older that before she left she would use her maiden name, Hughes, and my dad's sister's name, Sara" Camille had sat down by this point.

 "That's why you asked me to keep your coming here quiet" Valentina spoke up. Giovanni nodded.

 "I didn't want anything to get in the way of my seeing Camille" he said honestly.  "My private detective had a break through a year ago when he asked for help from a friend here in New York; within a year's time they had a good solid lead and as of this week I knew who you were" he stated simply.  I just wanted to take her home, she looked like the world had been jerked out from under her; and it had been.  I watched her take her phone from her purse. 

 "Cassie?" she said.  "Are you still at my apartment?"  She paused.  "You are?  I need a favor.  You know the box of dad and mom's?  It's in the closet.  Look through there for anything that looks like a letter I missed and unopened envelope; anything I might have missed.  Call me back please?  Thanks" she said hanging up.  "I'm not sure what to do now" she said looking at me for answers.  

I walked over to her, took her hand and said "The two of you need to talk, alone.  Whether it's tonight or tomorrow, there needs to be a sit down, with proof."  She and Antonio agreed, but for now we all had a party to attend.