Chapter 12 (Just revised)

Camille

I didn't see Dominic after our harrowing night together, I was told that he had to deal with what had happened and only after I pushed Beni did I find out that it was Dominic's restaurant we were in and his 'business partner' Alexi Bazin was the one that got shot.

 I would just sit and stare at my phone willing it to go off but it never did and finally after two weeks I knew it never would. My heart had been torn in two yet again but I vowed this was the last time.  Cassie was so pissed off at Dominic and every chance she had she bitched about it to Dino and finally she got him to tell her that Dominic was at Belladonna.  

"Go kick his ass" Cassie said fiercely.  

I had changed into cut off  blue jean shorts, no-show socks, red Chuck Taylor's and a girl's Superman tee shirt; throwing my hair up in a messy bun and no make up I stomped off to have it out with the man that broke my heart.  I knew after two weeks of barely sleeping and barley eating I looked like death warmed over; dark circles under my eyes and they were slightly sunken in.

Pulling up to Belladonna I slammed my way out of my car and threw open the door Cassie and I had gone in weeks before.  I felt sorry for Dino, only for a second, before I laid in to him. 

 "Goddamn it, Dino!  I know he's fucking here!  He at least owes me an explanation to my face!"  His phone rang, I knew who it was.  

"Boss" he said.  "Yes.  Yes I understand, Boss" he said.  "Please come with me" he said.  I followed him to the familiar elevator and we rode up to the third floor; I felt my stomach lurch when I stepped off.  Dominic was on the couch with a half naked bimbo rubbing herself all over his lap, he smirked at me when he saw me. 

 "What do you want, Camille?" he said sounding bored.  

"I just wanted to see if you had the balls to face me" I said, my voice shaking.  His eyes almost betrayed him when he saw the obvious pain I was in but they turned dark once again. 

 "I think it's pretty clear you were just an itch I needed to scratch" he said coldly.  My knees almost collapsed at his statement.  

My head started thinking in Italian and it just flowed out "Dominic Giossi you are dead to me; forget my number, forget you ever met me.  I never want to see you again."  I turned and walked towards the elevator leaving everyone in stunned silence.

I kept myself together long enough to get in the car and then my body fell apart as I wailed out his name in one breath and cursing him with the next, then a strange calm came over me and I started my car and headed back to the shop.  Cassie was waiting for me outside, I should have known Dino would call her.  She took one look at my face and she knew it was true. 

 "Oh honey" she said.  "I'm so sorry." 

 "It doesn't matter anymore, Cassie.  Can you you hold the shop down for a couple of weeks?  I need to go away" I said.  She looked scared. 

 "Where are you going?" she asked concerned. 

 "I'm staying local and I will check in every once in a while but I am keeping my phone off.  I need to decompress.  Thank you for doing this" I said walking upstairs to pack.

I packed shorts, tee shirts, undies, socks, toiletries, tennis shoes and books.  I made sure to take my charger but the minute I leave my shop it's going off, I will take a taxi to the hotel, pay with cash, veg and wallow for two weeks and see if I can get my head screwed back on straight and rid myself of Hurricane Dominic.

I checked in under my mother's maiden name and my dad's sister's name...Sara Hughes.  No one will be able to find me.  I got checked in, unpacked, showered and ordered room service and while waiting I turned on the TV for mindless noise and to distract myself. 

 I walked over to the window and stared out not being able to stop thinking about Dominic, his body, his lips, his hands and how his body felt inside mine; I couldn't stop the tears, maybe I didn't want to, maybe I wanted to feel the pain because it let me know I was alive.

I slowly picked at my burger and fries knowing I needed to eat but not tasting anything.  I pushed it aside and resigned myself to taking another shower but opted for a bath instead.  I sank down into the hot water immediately feeling better, my body did anyway but my heart and mind had been fucked with and that would take longer to get over. 

 I grabbed my phone and powered it up and as soon as it booted up I sent Cassie a text.  CamI'm ok, well not really but I'm trying.  Love you!  I hit send and turned my phone back off and finished my bath.  After I dressed I grabbed some orange juice and the little bottle of vodka from the mini bar and fixed me a screw driver, turned on the TV and found one of those music video channels and wouldn't you know John Mayer came on, the same damn song that I danced with Dominic to. 

 The flood gates opened and this time I didn't try and stop them maybe I needed to cry; so I just laid on the couch and cried until I feel asleep.  Maybe tomorrow would be different.  Maybe I could forget all about him, Dominic Giossi.  But who was I kidding anyway?  He wasn't a man easily forgotten but I would have to, for my sanity.