Chapter 57 (Just revised)

(Third Person POV)

"So where are we going?" Camille asked. Dominic decided to drive them tonight so they could talk freely. 

"Do you like Greek food?" he asked. 

"Never had it before" she said. 

"Well" he said kissing her hand "You're in for a treat." He was trying, she would give him an 'A' for effort and take each little step they made as a small victory.

 "You look really good dressed like this" she was commenting on his clothing.

 "You like?" he asked her. She nodded. 

"You look very sexy in your suits" she replied "But this?" she said rubbing his jean covered thigh "Is very hot" her voice sultry sounding. He adjusted himself in his seat, her words stirring him to his core. She felt just a tiny shot of power making him react that way but she also wondered just a little bit if maybe he was giving her that illusion; he was complex that way, like an intricate puzzle she would enjoy putting together piece by piece.

"Do you still have John Mayer in here?" she asked. His answer was to push PLAY on the steering wheel causing music to fill the vehicle. She leaned her head back against the seat, her hand still on his thigh, looking at the gorgeousness of his face. He had a magnificent profile, cheekbones wonderfully made and his lips, God the things his lips made her feel. Now she was squirming in her seat from the erotic thoughts she was having about his mouth on her innermost parts.

 "What's swirling around in your pretty head, Ms. Devereaux?" he asked. 

"Nothing exciting" she lied. 

"Really?" he asked, not buying it. "Because your clinching your thighs together and your breathing changed a little." God, he was damn frustrating, he was right, but frustrating.

 "Fine" she said, sighing. "I was thinking about your mouth on me, how much I love the way it makes me feel and how I don't want to go to bed alone tonight." She had been honest, no-holds-barred honesty.

He pulled up to the curb in front of the restaurant, unbuckled and turned in his seat, facing her and said "I want to put my mouth on you, to kiss you and love you." He grabbed her hand and pulled her into his lap so she was straddling him; thrusting his hips upwards, his erection rubbing into her core. "See what you do to me, tesoro?" his breath ragged and uneven. Her answer was to bear down and grind her hips against his crotch.

 "I do see, because you do it me as well" her voice low and sexy. She gently laid her forehead against his, her mind was going mach 10. "You see, Mr. Giossi" she started. "You have me in a quandary. Part of me wants to act like a high schooler with no common sense and the other part of me is telling me to act like an adult. I really need you to take me in this car but I am starving, so let's do dinner, get to know each other again and see where the night brings us." He hated when what she said made sense and he acquiesced. 

"Fine" he said blowing out a frustrated breath "But you are coming home with me tonight and I'm afraid I must insist." 

She leaned back, searching his face, gently caressing it before announcing "I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, I had Cassie slip a bag into the car." She climbed off his lap, back into her own seat and smoothed down the front of her dress. 

Smirking and shaking his head he leaned back and said "You were always one step ahead, Camille."

He came around and opened her car door, extending his hand, he helped her from the car, shutting the door, he led her to the entrance of Gyro II. It was a small little out-of-the-way place but the food was amazing and he liked the quiet and intimate atmosphere that it provided; the owner seemed to recognize Dominic and waved them on as if to say go find a seat.

 "Do you want a booth or a table?" he asked her.

 "A booth" was her response. He made his way to one that put them right in front of where Beni and Carlo had parked and once seated Dominic ordered them some Ouzo. 

"Have you ever tried this before?" he asked her as he poured their shots. 

She nodded and said "I did and it knocked me on my ass" she laughed. 

He grinned at her and held his glass up to her and said "Opa." Tossing back the clear liquid she made a face that caused him to laugh at her and the she playfully slapped his hand.

 "Don't laugh at me" she said jokingly. "You already know I'm a light weight." He nodded causing her mouth to drop open at the audacity of it all. The waiter came by and took their order and since this was new for her she let him order her meal.

They talked, getting to know each other a little better, he opened up and talked some about his dad and after hearing some of the things he had to say it made perfect sense as to why he acted so closed off and distant, afraid even, to let her in and surrender himself 100%.  She silently scolded herself even more for not staying that day, fighting him tooth and nail, if she had they might not be in this situation now. 

As if sensing the inner turmoil he picked up her hand and laced his fingers through her's and said "Don't beat yourself up over it, Camille. I didn't do anything to stop you from leaving." Squeezing his hand in her's she offered up this solution.

 "Well, how about, going forward, no more walking away from each other. If we really want one another, like we say we do, then I believe we are worth fighting for." They sat there for a moment just letting her words soak in; both of them knowing there was no going back from here, only forwards and it would go fast.

 He took his hand from her's, dug around in his pocket and pulled out her engagement ring; his eyes seeking her approval as he held it out in front of her finger. Her eyes glistening with tears as she slid her hand closer to him and watched him put it back where it belonged.

 "Please don't ever take it off again" his words begging her.

 "Please don't ever give me a reason to" she replied. 

"Touche'" he said taking her hand and bringing it to his lips, closing his eyes as contact was made. It was the most pure and sweet form of a physical manifestation of his love that he could give her and she accepted with her whole heart because he was giving it with his.