Chapter 69 (Just revised)

Dominic

I hated leaving Camille like that but it couldn't be helped; our plan was rolling out as we speak and things have been put into motion that can't be taken back.  Alexi has assured me that she would be taken care of no matter what, along with my mom and Cassie. I trusted him, like I did my men, and like my men, Alexi and I had been through a shit ton and always came out smelling like a rose; but this time I didn't know if that would happen or not. 

We were dealing with someone that wasn't firing on all cylinders and was blinded by greed and blood lust. Viktor wouldn't stop until Alexi, my men and I were dead and he had my organization by the balls. Of course the other Italian and Russian heads would never let that happen but as long as he had that illusion it would further assist in his downfall. I also knew that Camille would start to worry when I made no contact with her but it had to be this way and hopefully once she came down from being pissed off about everything she would understand.

"Boss" Beni started, looking at me with concern. "Are you sure about this?" he asked. I nodded and he gave me a single nod back before turning back around in the passenger's seat, Carlo just looking at him as we drove. Everything was set to take place at my warehouse and just in case something should go down that was not anticipated, I had Dino contact our doctor, Dr. Marianni, to be standing ready at Dino's place. 

We had a small hospital room set up there and we could take care of minor injuries or major ones, such as gunshot wounds. 

I started praying "Holy Mary, Mother God, pray for us sinners" as we drove, getting closer to what would either be my last night on earth or the end of something evil; either way it would be over tonight. I took a deep breath and checked my weapons one more time; I had one in my waistband, one in a shoulder holster and an ankle holster, plus I knew my men were armed to the teeth. 

Carlo looked at me through the rear view and said "You ready, Boss?" I nodded. "Okay, here we go" he said pulling into the front of our warehouse.

We had thirty minutes till all hell was going to break loose and I met up with Alexi one more time to make sure we were all on the same page. 

"Are you sure about this, my friend?" he asked me. Goddamn it I needed for people to quit asking me that. Of course I wasn't sure but it had to be done. 

"Alexi I just need to make sure you know your part in this and should anything happen, she is in your hands. Promise me you will take care of her?" I couldn't keep the angst out of my voice. 

"She will be the cared for Dominic, I promise. Just be careful, please? No one else can put up with my bullshit" he said trying to add levity to the already tense situation. We shook hands and briskly hugged before he disappeared into the night. I could feel people all over the warehouse and knew that Viktor would go out in a blaze, just as he had always wanted.

Beni parked the SUV and we filed into the warehouse and waited for the next part of our plan to unfold,  which didn't take long because the next thing I knew I heard a gun click behind my head and when I turned around the blood in my veins turned to pure fire. 

"You son of a bitch! You traitorous mother fucker!" I yelled as I practically threw my body through the air but was struck by the butt of the gun against my face.

"You.had.better.make.sure.you.kill.me" I heaved as I stumbled to my feet. 

"Oh don't worry about that, Don Giossi" a Russian voice rang out. I turned to see Viktor standing there leering at me. "Tie them up" Viktor ordered Dante as I scowled at him one more time. 

"Why Dante?" the pain in my voice clear. "We are blood!" 

He just hung his head as he moved towards Beni to tie him up and once we were all subdued, Viktor gave my phone to Dante and said to him "Text her. Do what you have to do but get her here" he rasped. 

"Don't you dare, Dante!" I shouted and was backhanded, the taste of blood swirling in my mouth. He handed my phone back to Viktor and said she had responded and was on her way.

It seemed like forever when I heard that asshole Dante say she had arrived. Jesus God you've gotta protect her I whispered. 

Just as I stood up Viktor pointed his gun at me and said "I'm afraid you aren't relative anymore, Giossi" had he pulled the trigger. I felt a pinch and sting then I put my hand down, drew it back and it was covered with blood, struggling to keep standing I fell to my knees and onto my side; I felt cold and my last thoughts were of Camille before my eyes closed.

Camille

I was pulled from the vehicle by Dante, who was holding a gun on me. 

"Oh God, Dante! What have you done?" I screamed and then we both heard a shot. 

"What the...?" he started then said "Stay behind me." I reached for my waistband just to make sure it was still there, it was. "Viktor what the fuck! Shooting Giossi wasn't part of the deal!" he screamed. My blood ran cold as I started screaming for Dominic and trying to get away from Dante. 

"Your services aren't needed anymore either" he said as he raised his gun. I was not going to let that happen and I bumped him hard causing the bullet to hit his shoulder.

"You bitch!" Viktor yelled raising his gun again but what he didn't see was the gun I'd drawn until it was too late and Dominic's words rang true "If you point this at someone be prepared to not just shoot them but end them." And that's what I did. 

Viktor didn't see it coming and after I hit him in the throat, I could hear him gurgling, choking on his blood as I walked to him, put my booted foot on his chest, raised my gun and put one between his eyes. 

"That's for Dominic" I said softly as I walked to where he laid; blood was everywhere. I applied pressure and started yelling at him to not leave me and stay awake. I could feel hands pulling at me telling me to let him go. This wasn't supposed to be like this, it wasn't supposed to end this way.