Chapter 60 (Just revised)

(Dominic's POV)

I stared down at Camille's sleeping form and tightened my grip on her; I would never allow her to be hurt by me or anyone, for that matter, ever again. I gently stood up with her in my arms and carried her back inside the house. 

I knocked my foot against the door, hoping someone would still be in the kitchen and waited for the backdoor to swing open and that's when I saw the knob turn and there was Dante standing on the other side.

 "She okay, Boss?" he asked. 

 "Just asleep" I said quietly as I started up the stairs. "Text me if it's important" I told him.

"Got it" Dante answered. 

 Reaching down I felt for the knob, turned it and shut the door with my foot.  I placed Camille down in the middle of the bed, walked over and drew the curtains a bit more and then climbed in next to her. She sighed, scooted closer to me and threw her arm around my neck, her fingers diving into my hair,  resting her head on my bulky shoulder. 

 She was mumbling something in her sleep but all I could make out was my name forming on her lips, telling me that even in sleep, I was on her mind. I hadn't told her yet but my birthday was a couple of days away and my mother always insisted on an immediate-family-only-dinner at her home and I had never looked forward to them until now, until her. Blowing out a huge sigh, I tried to clear my mind by closing my eyes and let sleep take me.

The sound of the shower pulled me from the deep slumber, glancing at the watch on the table it read twelve-fifteen.  Damn, I couldn't remember the last time I slept that late but my body felt rested. Throwing the covers off, my feet took me towards the bathroom and hopefully my naked fiance. 

 "Good morning, tesoro" she called out, her voice husky from sleep. "Get your sexy ass in here and help me with my back" she said turning around. How could I resist that?

"Yeah baby right there" she said as I massaged her lower back.

 "How's that?" I asked moving my thumbs in circles. 

 She turned around to face me, reaching up so her arms could go around my neck, our skin slick and wet from the soap and water, and said "You have the most magnificent hands and I love feeling them on my body." 

 Cupping her behind, I gently lifted her and then slowly sank to the shower floor, her legs and arms still tightly wrapped around me, I kissed her, but there was something different in this kiss because for the first time since I'd met her, I opened and exposed my heart, all of it, to her.

 Falling helplessly into her kiss, I drew her body closer, if that was even possible, chanting her name over and over, like a precious, saving prayer until we both pulled back at the same time, surveying each other's lips. 

I raised my hand to her mouth allowing my finger tips to glide over them and marveling at how smooth, sexy and full they were.   I could tell that neither of us was thinking about sex because this time it seemed to be more about intimacy, as I allowed my fingers to drift  from her lips, across her shoulder and finally to her hand where I clasped it tightly; the only sound was the warm water that rained on top of us. 

I continued my journey of discovery for a bit longer and then she picked up where I left off.  I couldn't help think about that John Mayer song Your Body is a Wonderland because she had been designed by something sacred and I wanted to worship her and please her in every way.

I had no idea where any of this had come from,  but it felt natural and instinctive, second nature, and with the ritual being completed we fell into a final, intimate embrace.

Once we had stepped from the shower and toweled off, we went into our room to dress for the day.

 "Dom?" she started. 

 "Hmm?" I replied. 

 "Will you teach me to shoot?" her request nearly sent me to the floor,  my heart pounding in my chest. 

"Why?" I simply asked. She walked to me, as I pulled on my jeans, she laid her palms on my bare chest and gave an honest answer. 

"God forbid I'm placed into a dangerous situation where you can't get to me, I want to know that I had a chance to defend myself and not go down without a fight." 

I couldn't find fault with her logic and however much I wanted to fight this I just couldn't; it made too much sense. I tried to hide my fear and concern with a kiss on the head before I answered. 

 "Jeans, long sleeved tee shirt and boots or tennis shoes. Meet me downstairs when you're ready, okay?" She nodded happily as she walked very naked to her dresser, leaving me to peruse her luscious backside.

It didn't take long for Camille to join me downstairs as I continued to contemplate her request.  I was playing Devil's advocate, trying to see both sides.  It was difficult because I was too close, too involved, but she was right.

I couldn't keep my eyes off the beauty that was descending the stairs.  She was wearing torn, faded jeans a plain black long sleeved tee and her black Doc Martens, hair up and no makeup.  While she looked amazing,  it startled me how young she looked, how vulnerable, but I would never voice that to her.  If we were going to do this, she needed every bit of confidence she could possess.

True to my word I was waiting for her, coffee cup extended. 

 "Thank you" she said with her breathtaking smile. I responded with a kiss on the cheek. 

 "I'll be in my study for a bit and then we'll go" I told her.  I saw her face fall at the mention of my study; that's where our relationship had almost met its demise. 

 "Don't think too hard about it, Cam" Dante remarked as she turned to look at the giant of a man that was also quickly becoming like her brother. 

 "Kind of hard not too" she replied.

 "You're back here, aren't you?" She knew what he was trying to say and she agreed, no more going back, forward only.

I smiled at her as I walked into my office, her mouth turning up to return mine with a dazzling one of her own.  She was my queen, my reason for everything that I would do going forward.