Chapter 51 (Just revised)

Dominic

I just let the best thing that has ever happened to me walk out the door and I didn't even try and stop her.  What the fuck was wrong with me?  Other than stupid pride?  I began with the coffee table, then books, glasses followed next until I had made a total mess out of my study.  Beni threw open the door and just glared at me, I knew he wanted to kill me, I could see it in his eyes.  Hell, I wanted to kill me. 

 "Don't.say.a.word" I heaved from all the physical force I had just used. 

 "Dominic, seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?" he roared at me.  I held up my finger, just daring him to say something again as I stalked past him. 

 "She's gone already" he threw out.  I knew that, I had just hoped maybe she'd wait around for me to realize what an ass I was.  Getting my shit together I thought about the next meetings that required my attendance, Alexi, Viktor and Isack all ran through my head.

Laying down and taking a deep breath I picked up my phone and hit a recently dialed number.  "Dino, it's me" I said.  His voice came through loud and clear as he let me have it. 

 "Are you done?" I asked acidly.  He said he was.  "Good.  How is she?" I asked.  He said she didn't make a sound all the way back to his place, didn't cry, didn't talk, didn't laugh; he said he and Cassie were very worried about her. 

 "Keep me informed but most of all, keep her safe" I instructed as I hung up.  

"Boss?" Beni called through the door. 

 "What?" I snapped.  

"We've got info on Isack."  That's all he needed to say before I was up and at the door. 

 "Enter" I said walking to my closet and pulling out my suit.  "Intel" I said. 

 "Word is he has distanced himself from Viktor, he claims he didn't know what Viktor was up to, blah, blah,blah but I don't buy it.  Not for a second" he said. 

 "What about the bombing at Camille's?" I asked. 

 "You can ask him yourself" Beni said.  "Alexi has him." 

 "We got an invite?" I inquired.  He nodded. 

 "Alexi is waiting on us before he starts the interrogation.  

"Excellent" I said while putting my tie on, when finished I motioned for us to go.

We arrived at Alexi's strip club in Brighton Beach called Leather and Lace and it rivaled mine as far as looks and class went.   We were greeted by his second, Ivan, and treated with the utmost respect. 

 "Don Giossi" he said bowing his head and then sticking out his hand.  "Please come this way, Mr. Bazin is waiting for us downstairs" he finished.  Following Ivan down into the depths of the club was like going to our basement; walking in we found Alexi, his enforcer and Isack, sitting trussed up in a chair with a bag over his head, blooding seeping through it.  

"We've just been chatting with Isack here until you arrived, Don Giossi" Alexi said.  "Unfortunately for him though he's not been very talkative" he said stoically. 

 I scoffed and said "Can your man fix his problem?" 

 My business partner nodded and said "Da, he sure can."  He snapped his fingers and the torturing commenced.

The bloody concrete floor was strewn with teeth, fingernails, pieces of hair and skin. 

 "Alexi" his enforcer called out.  "I've never seen anything like it.  I don't know how he's taking the pain." 

 I took my jacket off, then my shirt, handed them to Beni and asked "May I?" to Alexi.  He nodded.  "Sledgehammer?" I asked.  The enforcer grabbed it from the corner and handed it to me.  I picked it up, swung it around to get a feel for it and let it come down on Isack's knee.  Screams of anguish could be heard all through the underneath of the building as cracking and splintered bones were the music of the day.

  Isack's head was lolling around as he mumbled incoherently.  I leaned over, putting my hand up to my ear and said "What were you saying?"  He coughed and hissed, pain taking over as he almost passed out.  I slugged him in the chin, snapping him back to reality. 

 "Viktor" he heaved.  "He...he wants it all.  He won't quit until he does" he spat out.  

"Good, good" I say.  "What else?"  He shook his head. 

 "I honestly don't know.  He's gotten close to a guy that just joined us, he might know something.  Josef, his name is Josef."  Alexi looked at me and that look told me it was his inside man. 

 "Are you satisfied?" he asked me.  I nodded as Alexi pulled his pistol from his waistband and shot him between the eyes.

"I am supposed to hear from Josef soon.  We set up specific times, based on when he's by himself, to make contact.  If all goes as it should we will talk tomorrow" he assured me.  "How's Camille?" he asked.  I just shook my head and he laughed. 

 "What did you do this time?" he asked.  So I told him; Alexi has ten years on me and I figured I could use some advice.  He listened to everything and then told me something about himself I didn't know.  

"When I was thirty-two, I met a beautiful dancer, ballerina actually, she was nothing like me, thank God, but she was like a breath of fresh air.  I told her about my life, my business and it didn't bother her; she just wanted me and all she told me was to come home safe every night.  I knew I wanted to marry her, so I asked, she accepted and life was good until I fucked up.  We talked, I apologized and then she asked for my heart" he paused a moment and it was feeling like deja vu; he continued.  "I told her she was getting what I could give her at the moment, she wanted more, she left, I didn't stop her and now she is married to a banker in Moscow and has three children.  Dominic don't waste time like I did" he finished, turned and walked out.