Chapter 10 (Just revised)

Camille

Dominic was driving me crazy with the lazy circles he was drawing on my naked thigh; I tried to clinch my thighs inconspicuously but nothing worked, I was becoming aroused. Thank God I could see the restaurant coming into view and hopefully put my torturer at bay for a bit. I made sure to keep my knees together as I gracefully swung my legs out of the SUV; didn't want to flash my goodies at the already ogling valets but one glance from Dominic was all it took, that and threatening their jobs. 

I shook my head as the reality set in heavy on me just who I was getting involved with; I knew. But God help me I was already in too deep; something about him tugged at my heart and I had to swoop in like Florence Nightingale and rescue him from himself.

We didn't wait long to be seated as we followed our hostess, I could feel his hand spread out against the skin on my lower back; the heat was almost intolerable. My mind was drifting from one dirty thought to another; it had been eight years since my one and only serious relationship. I had been with him for three years, he'd taken my virginity and the night of my father's funeral I caught him with someone I thought was my friend. At least he didn't insult my intelligence by telling me it wasn't what it looked like. God I hated that cop out like I hated California traffic! 

"Babe, where did you go?" Dominic asked me.

 I smiled at him and replied "No where important. Just a stray thought that came and went." He raised my hand to his sexy lips kissing it softly. We discussed appetizers before deciding on panko dipped green beans and for the entree we ordered filet mignon, medium, with roasted seasoned baby potatoes and salad; dessert would be a maybe. 

"I would love to cook for you sometime" I told him after our waiter left. 

"I would love that too" he replied and then said "But what I would love more is to dance with you." He stood, taking my hand in his he led me to the dance floor as John Mayer's Slow Dancin' in a Burnin' Room came on. What a sexy song to dance to. I loved how he possessively put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer; our eyes never wavered as we both studied the other's features. His curled bicep felt good under my hand, the muscles flexing as he moved; he was in remarkable shape. I could only imagine what he looked like naked! That thought brought an immediate blush to my cheeks as I noticed him smirking down at me like he knew my lustful thoughts. Thank God the song finished and we walked back to our table; as we were sitting down we were approached by two gentlemen who kind of gave me the creeps.

"Dominic" the man addressed my date; he sounded Russian. 

"Alexi" Dominic replied and then acknowledged the other man as Viktor. 

"Gentlemen, this is Camille Devereaux. Camille, my business associates, Alexi and Viktor" Dominic said. I shook hands with Alexi as he pulled my hand to his lips.

 "So beautiful" he murmured. "It's a pleasure to meet you" he finished.

 "You as well" I said politely.

 "Dominic enjoy you dinner" the Russian man said leaving. 

"You too" my date replied. Before we could take up our conversation again all hell broke lose.

I could hear loud pops, glass shattering and people screaming as Dominic grabbed me and shoved me to the floor, his body covering me defensively. I noticed immediately the gun in his hand as he shouted at Beni and Carlo to get the car and get me out of there. 

He looked at my panic stricken face, kissed my head and told me to go that he'd follow. I grabbed my purse as Beni picked me up, flanked by Carlo and got me out the back. Carlo ran ahead and auto started the SUV, threw it in drive, screeched around and stopped so Beni could get the door; picking me up Beni all but tossed me in and just when I started to ask about Dominic he came busting out the door and jumped in yelling at Carlo to go. He didn't look at me but grasped my hand and pulled me to him, his arm wrapped around my shaking body. You could cut the thick silence with a knife as we sped down the dark road.

I heard Dominic tell Carlo to head to his home and being in a state of shock still I didn't argue. We drove for a while before turning into a gated drive where Carlo checked in with an armed guard and then we were granted access. 

The house was very well hidden from the road but I was no less awestruck when I saw the mansion; it looked colonial from what I could see with lots of trees and breathtaking landscaping. Carlo pulled around to the back and let us out before going to park the vehicle in a very well concealed garage.

 "Take her to my room" I heard Dominic tell Beni. 

"Boss" Beni responded. "Ms." Beni said politely waving his hand toward the door. Sliding from the car seat I grabbed my clutch and followed the huge man into the house.

We walked in through the laundry room and into a huge gourmet kitchen; restaurant style oven/stove, refrigerator, wine cooler and storage out the ass. The cabinets were made of dark, rich wood and grape clusters decorated the tops of those cabinets. It was very beautiful. 

Once through the kitchen I followed Beni up a large, grand staircase, down a long hall stopping at the first door we came to; Dominic's man opened the door and turned the light on for me.

 Looking down at me sympathetically he said "Make yourself at home, Ms. Camille. He'll be with you when he can." I nodded silently as he withdrew, leaving me to my scattered thoughts.

I kicked my shoes off and crawled to the middle of the huge bed, leaning against the headboard I brought my knees up and rested my chin on them, waited and looked around. The walls were painted a dark maroon, cream colored carpet, the bed I'm guessing is a California King and is covered with a solid black comforter, the window treatments are black and all the furniture is made from the same dark, rich looking wood as the kitchen; it was definitely a man's room. Under any other circumstance I'd be elated at being here but my mind was busy trying to process what had happened earlier.