Chapter Two

Tori Vega's POV
I take a bite of my salad satisfying my hunger, today has been treacherous already. I hate first days of school, specially when I start in the middle of the year.
I probably should admit that today is the worst first day that I've ever had to experience school and work wise. It's all because of that one girl though, she's ruined my day more than one way today.
She is gorgeous though, probably one of the most beautiful girls I've seen. I sigh thinking maybe it's a good idea if I just try to get to know her, maybe she's just having a bad day?
" So how is your first day so far? " Andre asks after taking a huge bite of his pizza, Andre is my first friend that I've met here. I'm really grateful that he chose to be kind to me.
" It's okay..." I say not wanting to lie too much to him, I do need our friendship to have a good start. And I won't get that if I lie to him.
" That's good, do you think you'll like it here? " He asks being friendly, I truly do think we could be good friends. We have same interests and can talk easily with each other.
" I think I will, I guess I just need to learn to get used to it here. My old school is nothing like this. " I say thinking that this is the coolest school ever, everything about it is just so much better than my old school.
" Well it takes some time to find your place here, but don't worry. You'll soon love it here. " He says with a comforting smile, I smile back and have another bite of my food. I look around seeing other people enjoying food, I think it's cool that everything here is like so carefree.
" Hey guys, can I sit with you? " I hear making me turn my head, I see the cute boy with amazing hair from my first acting class this morning stand next to Andre.
" Of course Beck, take a seat. " Andre says making Beck place his food down and sit next to me.
" Hey, I'm Beck. You're Tori right? " He asks me making me smile, he remembered my name from this morning.
" Yup I'm Tori, it's nice to meet you Beck. " I say putting my hand out for us to shake, he takes my hand and shakes it with a smile.
" Nice to meet you too. " He says before releasing my hand and going to his food.
" So Beck, is Jade coming to sit with us? " Andre asks Beck making me wonder who she is.
" I don't think so, I think she's still a little mad at me. " Beck replies making me wonder if they are talking about his girlfriend or someone like that.
" Why is she mad at you now? " Andre asks taking a bite from his slice.
" We got into a little fight last night. " Beck replies not looking too worried about it making me wonder if he's even a good boyfriend if he's not really caring about a fight.
" That's too bad. She'll come around, she always does. " Andre says making me want to know more about the subject.
" Yup. " Beck says pulling out his phone and texting someone. I have a few more bites of my food thinking its weird that he doesn't even look that worried, it sounds like he doesn't even like his girlfriend.
" OMG beck, Andre, random girl I don't know. Guess what! " Says this red-headed girl that runs up to our table, that one girl that I was thinking about earlier is right behind the red-headed. The one that had kicked my chair and pushed me in the hallway when I was just going to tie my shoe. She stares at me with questioning eyes, damn she's really pretty.
" What's up Cat? " Andre asks the red-headed girl, the girl grins an innocent smile excited that someone wants to hear what she has to say. Her smile then forms into a frown with scrunched eyebrows looking like she's thinking hard.
" I forgot. " She says looking upset, she then sits next to Andre and the other girl who I think is really pretty sits down next to Beck.
" Cat, Jade. This is Tori, she's new here. " Andre says introducing them to me, so her name is Jade? That most likely means she's dating Beck.
" Hey guys. " I say shyly trying to avoid eye-contact with Jade who is just glaring at me.
" Hi! " Cat says excitedly, she seems very interesting.
" Do you like giraffes? Specially ones...that are purple? " She asks whispering the last few words, I feel confused around the question. Is she seriously asking me if I like purple giraffes?
" I don't know, I've never seen one before. " I say answering her question in the politest way I can.
" Oh really? I can show you one, I have one in my locker! " She says getting up and coming over to me, she grabs my hand and pulls me out of my seat. I grab my bag and let her pull me, I look back at Andre with questioning eyes, he just smirks and waves goodbye.
Cat pulls me excitedly back into the school leaving the outside cafeteria, I find myself in the hallways. She pulls me to a bottom locker that is pink and has a grass and a cute fake frog on it. I realize that my locker is above hers, mine looks so plain next to everyone else's.
She opens her locker up and pulls out a stuffed purple giraffe making me raise my eyebrows.
" This is Mr. Purple! You can pet him if you like. " She says with such an innocence in her voice and eyes, she brings the stuffed giraffe a little closer to me waiting for me to pet it. I slowly bring my hand down with a smile and pet the stuffed animal's head.
" Ha Ha Ha! " She laughs making me smile, this girl really seems like such an innocent and happy person.
" Thanks for showing me Mr. Purple. " I say smiling which makes her grin.
" He's happy that he could be the first purple giraffe you've met. " She says happily, she then gently puts him back in her locker. She grins up at me innocently before we start walking back talking about her other stuff animals.