Chapter Ten

Tori's POV

" First scene, and action! " Sikowtiz shouts from his director's chair on the fourth day of rehearsal. Andre, who is the only character in the first scene, ambles on stage and starts acting perfectly. I hide behind the curtains reading over my lines again so I don't look like a fool, I don't want to ask what my lines are again. It's embarrassing.

I glance over when a body moves close to me, I notice it's Jade looking over her lines as well. She's very concentrated on the words on the page she's holding, she probably doesn't know that she's standing next to me of all people. If she did, she would most likely immediately walk away and find a new spot to work.

Ever since the day at the beach two weeks ago, she hasn't talked to me since. Well other than telling me to move or watch where i'm going after her shoulder collides with mine in the hallway. She only sends me glares if she's looking at me, which is like all the time it seems like. Honestly, I thought that the day at the beach would change things. No though, she still hates me. Even after we were having such a great time laughing together while water fighting. Why would she choose to forget that?

She looks up from her script to me giving me her death glare, I turn my head away realizing I must have been staring. She turns back to her script shaking her head in annoyance, I sigh and try to concentrate on my lines. Andre does well acting out his scene, the next scene plays letting Beck walk on stage. They continue through their scenes until it finally get's to Jade and I's first scene in the whole play.

We both set down our scripts before walking on stage, suddenly the Jade that I know disappears. The wall between us falls and our characters take over our silence, Jade smiles which makes me have a harder time concentrating on what i'm doing. Her smiles seem to have that affect on me considering I rarely seem them. 

We both play our parts in the scenes, I only forget my lines once which is a great improvement compared to my first day on rehearsal. That was just a complete and utter disaster. Jade does really well not messing up once, I wonder if there is some sort of technique. It's probably just experience though, I wonder how long she's been doing this. Not likely that I'll ever find out considering we'll probably never have a decent conversation.

When we finish the rehearsal, we're all extremely exhausted and ready to leave.

" Alright, good job guys. We're getting better every time. Go home and relax. " Sikowitz tells us as we wrap things up, I sigh feeling tired. It's only seven, yet the idea of going to bed right now sounds perfect. Hopefully Trina won't be blasting her music when I get home, or worse, singing along.

I start to walk through the school to the parking lot after I've gathered all of my things, the hallways are empty considering it's after hours. Only a janitor with headphones roams the halls sweeping the floor.

When I reach the parking lot, I notice that it's pretty dark outside already. I didn't realize how much time had passed while in the Black Box theatre. I make my way to my mom's car happy that she let me borrow it for the day. When approaching the car, a single water drop hits my head. I look up and see that there's a lot of clouds, a few more drops hit me and the ground around me.

" Vega! " I hear making my eyes look up from the ground, I see a figure walking towards me. It's kind of hard to see who it is because of where they are standing. They walk into better light revealing that it's an irritated Jade. What did I do to piss her off now?

She approaches me with frustrated eyes, I raise my eyebrows when she just stands there glaring at me.

" Something that you might need? " I question wondering why she's near me, or holding me up from going home to my sweet bed.