Chapter Eleven

Jade West's POV

Why does Vega keep fucking grinning like that? She hasn't stopped all day. Ever since she walked into Sikowitz's classroom, all she's done is smile. Every now and then, she'd be grinning at me like an idiot. If this is all about my new effort to be nice to her, than I might have to rethink this over. The only reason i've decided to try this whole being nice thing, is because of what she said to me in the car. I don't know why her words effected me so much, but they did.

Being nice to her is easier than I thought. Well it's not like a walk in the park, but it's easier to be nicer to her than any other person. Maybe it's because she's always been nice to me when I wasn't so pleasing back. Maybe it's because I can't stop thinking about how hot she is.

Yeah, yeah. I've finally faced it, Vega is hot. Doesn't mean I want to start dating her or anything. Besides, no one knows that I play for both teams anyways, well maybe except for Cat. How she knows, I have no idea. Hopefully I can just trust her enough to keep it to herself.

" Would you like something to drink? " Tori asks as she walks over to her kitchen. It's after school and I came over to help her with her lines, right now we're just taking a break from practicing for an hour.

" Sure. " I accept following her, she walks to the fridge. I can't help but stare at her ass as she bends down to look on the lower shelves in the fridge.

" What would you like? We have Coke, iced tea, milk, and some water. " She offers looking back at me with the same stupid grin she's been wearing all day.

" Coke is fine. " I answer folding my arms, she then grabs two cans of soda from the fridge handing me one. I pop it open and take a sip of the refreshing drink.

" Thanks for helping me out today, it means a lot. " Tori tells me with a small smile on her face before taking a sip from her drink.

" No problem, you're getting good by the way. " I reply which makes her grin again, I raise my eyebrows after she thanks me. I then continue with " What's up with the excessive grinning though? Did a cute guy ask you out or something? "

" No...just a good day, that's all. " She replies with a mischievous smile, there surly is something that I'm missing here. She's hiding something.

" Okay..." I sigh wishing I could make her tell me, but apparently that wouldn't be "Nice". Tori stands in front of me obviously trying to think of something to talk about.

" So you have a little brother? " She asks finally finding a subject, I raise my eyebrows though wondering how the hell she knew I had a little brother.

" Yeah, how did you know? " I question, I rarely talk about my family to people. We both start to walk to the couch sitting down to continue the conversation.

" When I asked your step mom who she was when we met this morning, she told me she was you and Jason's step mom. " She shares making me raise my eyebrows, she met my freak of a step mom?

" You met her? " I ask to clarify even though I know the answer. I haven't told anyone about her except for Beck, I'm kind of ashamed of her. She's such a bimbo.

" Yeah...she um seemed nice. " Tori replies trying to sound sincere, but I can tell she's lying to sound nice.

" Don't worry about being nice, I know she's a gold-digging bitch. " I mumble taking another sip from my drink, folding my arms.

" You guys don't get along well, do you? " She asks looking curious, why does she want to know? Why does she care?

" Let's just say, I try to stay as far away from her as possible. " I sigh thinking of how true the statement is. If I can hear even the slightest of her annoying southern accent, I'm too close. I usually just hide in my room at my house so I don't have to be near her.