Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Jade West's POV

I groan watching her as she runs over her lines one last time, she looks so desperate. Desperate for a piece of mind. 

Behind the curtains, there seems to be extra energy tonight. Theatre kids running every where trying to finish the last preparations before the play starts. The techies are everywhere it seems like, fixing actor's mics and such. Sikowitz is missing though, he's probably out greeting the play viewers. Him being missing seems to leave some of the techies stressed, I chuckle knowing this is my kind of domain. 

This is the atmosphere that I will always feel the most comfortable with. 

I smooth out my dress that I have to wear noticing that my hands are not shaking, unlike the one I can call friend, over there by the wall. I move through people so that I can approach her, she doesn't look up like I expected though. She's in a dress as well that fits her nicely, I have to admit that the color purple on her is pleasing. I grab her arm gently making her jump, which makes me laugh a bit. 

" Oh, it's you. " She sighs in relief looking back to her script, turning the pages frantically. 

" You expecting somebody else? " I ask removing my hand from her arm, missing the contact already. 

" Yes actually. Sikowitz has been driving me insane all night. He keeps coming up to me and telling me not to mess up. It's making me so stressed. " She shares panicking, looking on the edge. 

" Fuck Vega, calm down. You look like you're going to pass out. " I comment taking the script out of her hands.

" I might. " She gulps putting her hand on my shoulder to steady herself, i'm not complaining.

" Sit down. " I tell her gesturing towards an empty chair next to the wall, she nods her head before sitting in it. I stand next to her trying to help by patting her on the back, it's more awkward than anything. I'm not good with comforting. 

" Just try to breath. You're going to do just fine. " I tell her not knowing what else to say, I keep my hand on her back knowing it's helping me. 

" Jade, I'm so nervous..." She whispers leaning forward and putting her face in her hands. For a second, I don't know how to feel. It's all too much caring for a person, I'm not good at it. I sigh and kneel down next to her so her face is leveled with mine, her hair covers her face well though. I pause for a moment trying to figure out what I need to say to help the poor chick. 

" Look Tori...Sikowitz does that too everyone on their first performance. I think he does that to freak us out or something." I start, remembering my first performance at this school. Sikowitz was trying to make me nervous, but I didn't let him. I never felt so confident that night. 

" Well it's working. " She sighs still not looking up, I feel bad for her at the moment. I've never seen her like this before.

" What are you most nervous about? The people? Messing up your lines? " I ask trying to understand what's really eating at her. 

" Everything. " She mumbles making me roll my eyes, of course. 

" Look, you did perfectly in rehearsal. Just try to think of it as another rehearsal. " I tell her which makes her finally look up so I can see her face. Her face is close to mine which makes my stomach churn. 

" You think I did well in rehearsal? " She asks surprising me by the question, her breathing comes to a stop making me unsure of the situation. 

" Well, yeah. You were awesome. " I tell her a bit confused, she smiles slightly making me feel a bit better.