Chapter Eight

Jade West's POV

When walking through the doors of school the next day, I immediately want to turn right back around when I see Beck standing at his locker. I strut to my locker hoping he doesn't turn his head and notice me, I open my locker grabbing a book. I glance over at Beck again to see that he now has a visitor. 

I glare at the burnette slamming my locker making Robbie who is next to me exploring his locker, jump. So what, Vega think she can snuggle up to Beck now that we're done? No doubt she's heard, all of the girls are chatting about our breakup making plans to ask him out. It makes me sick. I hate them all.

I feel heat rise in me when I start walking over to the two of them. Tori looks scared when she notices me come near, Beck just looks like his usual self. 

" Vega. " I growl which makes her confused and even more frightened, she takes a step back when I cross my arms. 

" I'm just going to go now..." Tori says taking a few more steps back slowly, Beck just sighs and glares at me. 

" Why can't you at least act like you have a soul? " Beck asks me making me turn my head to him, I raise my eyebrows feeling even more pissed off. Hurt washes over me making me want to become violent. 

" Why do you care what I do? You haven't for the past few months! " I blurt out getting irritated, Vega starts to walk away. 

" Vega! " I shout which makes her stop with fear again, I then continue pointing at her with " I'm not done with you, just stay. " 

" Let her go Jade, you're starting another fit with me. Not her. " Beck says sighing rubbing his temples like he has a headache. Tori looks at the both of us hating that she has to stay a listen to us finish this. 

" Look Beck-" I start to argue but the boy has enough nerve to interrupt me. 

" Jade, why do you want to pick a fight with me? We're not together anymore. " He grumbles making me hate him right now. I open my mouth to say something, but the Vega chic speaks up. 

" Wait...You guys are not together anymore? " She wonders looking shocked, I turn to glare at her which makes her pretend to zip her lips and throw away the key. I am a little surprised that she doesn't know about Beck and I, every girl in this school does. What was she doing talking to Beck then if she wasn't asking him out knowing he was single? 

" Thankfully no...we're not together anymore..." Beck mumbles turning and walking away from the two of us, I feel my heart shatter at the comment. I take a deep breath staring at him before he disappears around the corner, my anger mixes with heartache making it hard to control my thoughts. 

" Jade? " Vega wonders out loud, I ignore her voice though starring down at the ground around my feet. 

" Are you alright? " she questions making me shake my head no very softly, I surprise myself by doing this. Why would I give her any kind of hint to how I am feeling? I don't like her. 

" Do you want to maybe talk about it? " She suggests making me look up at her to glare, she gulps seeing my expression. 

" Why would I want to talk to you? " I jeer before moving past her bumping her shoulder along the way, I walk to Sikowitz's class not wanting to talk to anyone right now. I walk into his classroom sitting where I usually sit near the window, no one is in the classroom yet. I grab one of the dead flowers pulling out my favorite scissors from my boot starting to chop up the flower. The petal pieces fall one by one to the ground around my feet. 

The bell rings making me grab another flower and cutting it up too. People walk in and chatter around me giving me a headache nearing me to scream at all of them. Robbie walks in sitting two seats down from me setting his stupid puppet in the middle of us.