Chapter Five

Tori's POV

My first week of school flies by fast, luckily Andre invites me into his group of friends. I was really worried that I would have a hard time making friends quickly, but I think it's gonna be okay. Everyone in the group seems really nice and welcoming, well, except for Jade. Every time i'm around her, she either glares at me or doesn't even acknowledge me. At least she hasn't pushed me again like she did the first day.

I just want to know why she doesn't like me, I've been trying my best to be kind to her. Andre just said that she's always been like that to everyone, even though that was supposed to make me feel better, it didn't. 

I just need to stop thinking about it, i'm kind of obsessing over her in a way. Maybe that's why I just really want her to like me, every time I see her, I just hope that she'll give me some kind of acknowledgement. 

I walk into Sikowitz class wishing I could have slept in a little longer this morning, I haven't been sleeping well at night lately. My eyes are tired and have a difficult time staying open. Everyone else is in the class already, luckily I walk in though before the late bell rings. The last seat in the room is towards the back right between Jade and Beck. 

I would question why they are not sitting together, but I don't have to considering everyone has been able to hear their fights lately. I go and sit in between them feeling a little awkward, Jade sighs deeply as I do so. I look over at her with a friendly smile, she just glares back like usual though. 

I look away not wanting to piss her off any more. I couldn't help but notice though that she had added green streaks to her midnight black hair, it suits her really well. I sneak a look over at her again wanting to look longer at her new style, I look away though when I start to think thoughts about her that I've never thought about towards a girl before. 

I shake it off thinking it's just because i'm tired and not really in my regular state of mind. Sikowitz begins to lecture on a new type of acting method, even though I regularly really am interested in what he's saying, my mind keeps sidetracking me to other thoughts. Thoughts about Jade. 

I look over at her again seeing her drawing in a notebook, I can't see what she's drawing so I quietly lean over a little to get a better view. I see some sort of black heart with some sort of blood oozing off around it, she immediately stops drawing though making me look up at her face. She's staring at me with her usual glare, I lean back in my chair moving away from her. 

" Mind your own business Vega. " She says softly for only me to hear, she then closes her notebook throwing it on the floor. 

" Sorry. " I whisper back feeling nervous inside, I didn't intend for her to notice me looking at her drawing. I wonder why she doesn't want anyone looking at it anyways, despite the graphic image, it was really good. 

" Okay guys, it is true. We are starting a new play and opening night will be in a months time. " Sikowitz announces grabbing my attention again, he paces back and forth while talking to us.

" Instead of auditions, I will be assigning you guys the roles. Some of you might be actors, some of you might be crew. " He says making me think that he's probably going to assign me to be crew considering I haven't acted before in an actual play. 

" I shall now read off the rolls or positions you will be playing. " He says picking out a folded piece of paper from his pocket.

" Andre you will play the roll of Mark, the criminal and main character. Jade you shall play Ana, one of the two teenage girls Mark meets. Beck, you will play the police man. Cat, you will play the judge. " Sikowitz reads off receiving different reactions from everyone he's said, he then continues with " Tori, you will play Haley, the best friend of Ana and one of the two teenage girls Mark meets. "

" What? " I ask surprised that he actually gave me a role in the play. 

" Is there something wrong Tori? " Sikowitz asks looking a little confused from my previous silent outburst.

" No, i'm just surprised you're giving me a role when i've never been in a play before. " I say telling him the truth, I look over at Jade who's just staring at me with thoughtful eyes. 

" You have to start somewhere Tori, don't worry, I wouldn't have given you the role if I knew you wern't capable of it. " He says before continueing to read off the rest of the names and their rolls. I feel nervous already just thinking about being on stage in front of people. 

Soon the bell rings ending the class, Sikowitz hands us all scripts before we leave. He wan't us to read through it as homework. As i'm walking through the halls, I read a little of who my character is seeing that she's pretty much in every scene with Ana who is Jade's character. Maybe I should talk to Jade to see if she would like to reherse together.