Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Tori's POV

I race down the stairs in hope that my mother fled this way, when I'm in the living room, all I find is Trina still watching her show. My mother isn't in the room or the kitchen, I sigh before looking out the back door that leads to our back yard. I gulp before opening it up and walking through, finding her sitting on the little bench we have out here. I close the door behind me so Trina couldn't possibly hear us.

My mother is silent, looking distracted in her own thoughts. I sit down next to her on the empty space of the bench. She doesn't look to me when I do so, she just keeps her eyes on something set in front of her. I don't really know what the protocol is here, do I give her a moment? Do I jump right into it? Honestly, if you had asked me a few months ago before I arrived at Hollywood Arts and met Jade, I would have never thought I would ever need to have this conversation. Yet here I am, sitting next to my confused mother about to tell her all about my relationship with a girl.

" Mom? " I ask wondering what she's feeling. Is she mad, disappointed, sad? I really wasn't planning on having this conversation with her just yet. I thought Jade and I would wait to tell people for a while, when we were certain that it was going to work out between us.

" Hi honey. " She sighs making me feel suddenly scared. What if my parents don't approve of me being with Jade?

" Sorry that I didn't tell you that...um...Jade was over. " I apologize not really knowing any other way to start the awkward conversation that is to come. She stays silent for another moment making me a bit nervous.

" Are-are you mad? " I ask just wanting to get it over with, I feel as if i'm holding my breath until she answers.

" No, i'm not mad honey. " She smiles softly, looking back to me. She then puts her arm around me embracing me in a hug.

" You're not? " I ask a bit surprised, I look to her who just simply shrugs.

" Well, let's just say that I had no idea...so yes, it surprised me a bit. That's probably why I made a run for it. " She shares with a soft smile, still a bit of concern left in her eyes. She then continues with " If living that way makes you happy, then that's all that matters. I just want you to be happy. " She tells me giving me her warmest smile, a load of relief hits me making my body relax.

" So you're completely okay with me dating a...um girl? " I question just wanting to set things clear, make sure this is all resolved.

" Yes, I am okay with it. " She replies making me smile, she then hugs me tighter making me feel a lot better. I honestly wasn't even prepared to have this conversation with her yet, I thought it would be a long time from now.

" I was going to tell you, it's just that...well Jade and I barley just told each other how we feel and...I don't know. " I reply unsure of how to continue the sentence.

" You just wanted to make sure everything was going to work out before everyone knew? " She suggests making me nod my head yes, she then continues with " I completely understand. "

" Thanks mom, you're the best. " I tell her before hugging her closer, I guess I was all worried for nothing.

" Remember that the next time the dishes are dirty. " She jokes making me smile and chuckle.

" Don't worry, I will. " I tell her before kissing her on the cheek and standing up, I did leave Jade unattended in my room. Who knows what she's looking at, let's just hope she doesn't find my diary.

" Oh and Tori? " My mother stops me before I walk back through the door.

" Yes? " I turn to look at her wondering what else there is to discuss.