Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Tori's POV

I twirl the flower between my fingers slowly, feeling the smallest fuzz on the stem. The stem is such a rich and bright color of green, it's so appealing to the eyes. The flower itself is even more attractive, with the base of the petals being a brilliant orange that then fade into the yellow tips. It really is so simple, but something about it gives me a sense of security and worthiness. 

I look up from the flower to see a completely different shade of green, the calmness in the color making it even more captivating then the flower. Before coming across this new color of green, I never thought anything could outshine the type of flower in my hands. I was very wrong though, this new shade has made it's way into my thoughts in an consuming way. I never want this impulse to stare at it to go away. 

The green shifts moving closer to me, making my breathing out of the ordinary. It's been so long since something as simple as a color means so much. I've never fallen so quickly for anyone, specially for someone like the owner of this out of the standard color. 

" You think this is weird as well, right? " Jade asks making me have to blink a few times to return to reality. Her eyes holding the green I had been excessively thinking about. 

" Yes, it is very weird. " I chuckle thinking of what i'm saying. Of course it's weird. I never thought by moving schools, I would meet a girl who hated me, but then gradually started to let me show her the real me. The me who she just confessed deep feelings towards. 

" I honestly think, we should probably just start things slow. " She gulps before leaning against the playground. No kid in sight considering it's too late, only the two of us not wanting to go home just yet. 

" I agree. I don't want to rush things and ruin it. " I tell her making her give me slight nod, her arms crossing.

" I agree. " She copies me with that southern 1940's accent she uses to imitate me, I let my mouth pout before playfully punching her in the arm. 

" I don't talk like that! " I claim making her burst out with laughter, the sight making my lips tug up in a smile.

" Sorry, Vega. Just trying to ease the tension we had built. " She replies giving me her knowing smirk, the one that I had thought so mean, but now is one of the cutest things about her. I give her a smile which she gladly accepts, by letting her own smile show through. 

" Are you doing anything tomorrow? " She asks forgetting the previous topic, uncrossing her arms and taking a step closer. 

" My day is free. " I tell her unable to stop myself from smiling even more, the thought of being with her again is exciting. 

" Well, I think we should...you know, hang. " She kind of offers with uncertainty, acting a bit nervous about my answer. Her eyes being a weakness as she looks at me, even if I didn't want to, I know I would'nt be able to say no. That's not a problem though in this situation, my answer comes out too desperate. 

" Yes, I think we should. " I reply making her smile return. She then nods her head while reaching out with both of her hands, and grabbing my hand that isn't holding the flower. She puts my hand between hers, staring down at them. I feel my breathing start to act up again as she lets her fingers dance over both sides of my hand. 

" Good. " She whispers bringing her smirk back, her eyes traveling to mine. Her face not being too far. 

" And what do you think we should do? " I ask her trying to sound seductive and courageous as well, i'm not very good at it though. I sound more scared than anything, and maybe I am. It's not the unpleasant scary feeling though, it's more of an anxious kind of feeling.