Chapter Twelve

Jade West's POV

" Cut! " Sikowitz yells making me jump, I turn around to glare at him unable to hold myself back from doing so. Everyone around me stops acting as well looking to the crazy man with the coconut in his hand. 

" What? " I scream becoming frustrated, this is the seventh time he's stopped our rehearsals today. I might be starting to try to be nice to Vega, but I can't change for everyone. 

" Jade, you need to focus more. " He sighs making me raise my eyebrows in question, what the hell is he talking about? 

" What do you mean? I'm doing it perfectly. " I argue knowing my patience is running thin. I see Tori in the corner of my eyes, raising her eyebrows in confusion towards Sikowitz as well. 

" You're character is in love with Andre's, you need to be looking at him more. You're pausing a lot before you say something. Your hand gestures are stale...just focus more. " He rants making me sigh in frustration, I take deep breaths trying to calm myself down. I don't want to get into detention for yelling at a teacher. 

" Fine. " I miff back at him making him roll his eyes, he takes another sip from his coconut before telling us to continue. For the rest of rehearsals, I hold back my anger. I would love to over exaggerate my actions to prove a point. Either by looking too much at Andre, or say my lines too quickly  and put together, or even just throw my hands all over the place. 

I just do as i'm told though, being a good girl. It makes rehearsals go by a lot slower, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I love acting. It's one of my favorite things, i'm just not feeling it today. It's probably just Sikowitz's tendency for stopping every scene that's getting me irritated. 

When we're done for the day, I can't help but get far away from the crazy man I have to call my teacher. I grab my bag and walk out of the Black Box theatre quickly letting the chatter of people stop when the doors close, I feel some of the tension lift as I start to make my way through the halls. The chatter erupts again for a few seconds behind me, I hear the door close again and the sound of footsteps. 

" Jade, wait up! " I hear making me stop moving and turn around, I see Tori with a smile trying to catch up to me. 

" Hey. " I greet her bluntly before turning around again and continuing to walk. 

" Hey..." She sighs as she reaches me, she starts to walk along side with me making me roll my eyes. 

" Interesting rehearsals today, huh? " She starts making me laugh without any humor present. 

" It was just lovely. " I reply sarcastically making her chuckle. This is totally weird to me, having a normal teenage conversation with her. Just the past few days have been weird, talking to her. She used to bug me so much, but now I can't stop thinking about her. Being friends with Vega is like writing a new song, it's all exciting yet complicated. 

" I don't know what Sikowitz was on today, I honestly thought you did great. " She shares making me look over at her, she looks at me with a genuine smile. I feel that weird feeling in my chest again, you know, that feeling when it feels like all of the air has been knocked out of you. 

" Thanks..." I reply smiling back, we both then approach the doors that lead outside. I open the door holding it for her which makes her grin. I roll my eyes as I follow her outside, I notice it's dark already making me sigh. Rehearsals and school have once again drained my whole day.

We both walk side by side silently to the parking lot. Every now and then, both of us trying to sneak glances at each other. We catch each other too many times making the whole situation a little bit more awkward. It's not necessarily a bad awkward though, if that makes any sense.