ix.

"i act like i don't fucking care, cause i'm so fucking scared"

l a n a

I held the gun behind my back, Kyle was screaming as I stepped into the room. My heart sunk at the site of him.

"Why did I do this? Why did I let Madison do this? You were such a good guy, why did I even consider this? I just, I meant you, you were different. I just I wanted you" The gun falls to my side.

He saw.

He flipped and started to cry.

"Kyle!" I yell and kneel down, "this isn't fair for you!"

He struggles for a second, and then grabs the gun himself, knocking me back as he puts it into his mouth.

"Wait no!" I push back up, ripping it from his mouth. A loud bang happens, the bullet skimmed my face before a crash follows. He looks making me toss it aside before sitting on the wall next to him, rubbing my head.

"I can't"

He starts to cry and latches onto me again.

***

"Okay, here's how it's gonna go" A sigh leaves me before I release him from the chains and pull the cards into my hand before turning back to him. Zoe shifted making the bed squeak. A sound that had not been heard for a long time.

"You need to relearn how to communicate. When you're tired. Or hungry, when you want to do something bad, like kill someone"

I drop to my knees, facing him, holding a card.

"When you get hungry. Say food"

The card had ice cream on it, I lay it down, his hand brushes it. I snap bring his attention to a hamburger.

"Food" I repeat. "Fo" He stutters a second, "food" Kyle replies softly.

"Good" I smile and put it down in a pile.

"When you're tired, you can say" My boice drifts as I look to Zoe and than the card. "Bed?" She suggests.

"Argh!" He slaps the cards out my hands. "Ow! What the hell" I forget what I was dealing with, as I grab my hand.

"St-stupid" He looks down. "No Kyle, I'm sorry, you are not stupid. You got into college on a scholarship"

I grab his hand, making him press it to his face.

"Listen, everything, everything that you know, is just stuck in your head, I'm trying to help you unlock it" My lips purse, I glance back to the bowl on food, leaning to grab it.

"Here" I offer a reassuring smile as I hold the bowl out. He slowly takes it, almost questioning me.

Slowly his shaking hands pull up food, trying to bring it to his mouth. Half the food drips back to the floor. I hold my hand out, stopping the force of gravity and pulling it back to the bowl.

My carefulness was no match for his rage in the end. The spoon hits the ground, smashing remaining food over the floor. If that wasn't enough, he grabs the dish, breaking it.

"Kyle!" I scream in frustration, the mush was knocked all over my clothes.

The door opens, my head snaps, expecting to see Fiona, but the aura held only a sense narcissism and depression.

It was Madison.

"Welcome back from the dead" I look back to Kyle, pulling him from banging on the floor, my hand struggling against his weight.