xx.

"i've learned to lose you, can't afford to"

l a n a

"Easy dear, you're alright" Myrtle informs Delia as she awakens. "You lost consciousness. And you sure had a lot to say about it" I tell her. "I was talking?"

"More like screaming" Zoe corrects her.

"Before that, you called out our names, me, Lana, Zoe and Queenie" Myrtle adds in.

"You left me out though. Not that I'm surprised. Did you even know I was dead?" Madison crosses her arms at us.

"We knew" Zoe answers back.

"You are back, I'm not imagining this" Cordelia starts to rise. "I might be imagining you all, I'm not sure any of this is real" Queenie looks around. "Careful dear" Myrtle says as she stands fully.

Dels rushes to hug the two girls.

"Maybe you forgot I'm not much of a hugger" Mads tells her, as cold as the exterior was, I knew she was resisting to hug back.

"Tough shit. You're alive" Dels answers. "Not if you keep squeezing my neck like this" She pulls back, but smiles.

"I wanna see him. The boy" Cordelia says. My heart sinks at the thought of it.

***

"You're okay. We were so worried" Ariel says making me scoff under my breath. "Perhaps the sudden shock of sunlight after leaving this dungeon" Myrtle sasses.

"I wasn't prepared for that. For seeing my girls. I'm okay now. I want to thank you for bringing them back" She looks to Michael. "And I wanted to get your attention" He replies. "I suspect he's got that now"

"He certainly does, and I'd like everyone else's attention. I have been presented with something. A future. A terrifying future. Fire, death, a man, but not a man. He had a white face. Demonic. He was laughing. Our academy, sister, I saw it reduced to cinders" She glances to Myrtle.

"A warning"

"Maybe. But something in my blood is telling me our only hope of surviving depends on what I do next" Dels start to move closer to Michael before stopping aside the fire.

"In two weeks time, at the rise of the blood moon, you will take the test of The Seven Wonders. That is, if you still want to"

Michael steps closer to Delia making me foot shift me forward. The whispers were still prominent in my ears.

"I do"

"I don't think this is a good idea" I speak making all the men glance to me. "Lana, nothing in this world will make me change my mind" She turns back to the boy, "no male has ever made the attempt. And if you succeed, everything will change"

Everyone started to scatter, and before thinking, I was lunging for Michael's arm.

"I know exactly what you are, you aren't fooling anyone" I hiss at the boy once everyone was gone.

He says nothing back.

"It's funny" My arms cross, letting him go. "You are a scared child, you parent's didn't accept you, did they?" I spat, stepping closer. "I bet you wouldn't even be psychotic if you weren't alone your whole life"

He looks back at me with confusion and anger. His face said how dare I say what I had.

"You murdered your sister" He steps closer.

"And you're not the fucking supreme!" I step forward throwing him backwards. "No man will ever be"

"Who are you" He questions, eyes furrowing. "Just a girl from Boston" My shoulders shrug. "Oh come on Lana, we both know you're more than that" He almost laughs with the words. "Yea right" I push into his body hard as I stormed past.