xxiv.

"they wanna make me their queen"

l a n a

As soon as we were back, I push through the girls and straight to Delia, pulling her into a room, Madison following behind.

"I can help him" I say, shutting the door behind us. "He wanted to be good" I stress.

"He's not another project for you Lana!" Madison snaps suddenly.

"I have to try"

"You can't fix people. Not even you fixed Kyle, you said yourself you have to stay away from him!"

My stomach drops.

We stare at each other for a moment before I nod, "yea, fine you're right. I can't, I'll just let the world end" I start out past her.

"Wait, Lana, I'm sorry, but you know you can't!" Her hand reaches for my arm. I fling it back before running upstairs, falling against the wall, putting my head in my hands.

Kyle comes over and drops next to me, "you know I love you right" my head turns to him. Slowly he nods, "I'm sorry I couldn't fix you"

***

"So what's the new supreme like?" Mallory questions making me laugh. "Trust me, that boy, isn't it" My head shakes. Queenie gives me a look, we had all not wanted to cause too much worry, yet.

"He isn't the supreme yet" She looks to Mallory. "When does he become the supreme?"

Zoe looks between the two of us, I look down, grabbing the tea in front of me.

"A new supreme can only raise when the old falls" Queenie finally speaks. She ohs lightly, "personally, I think Dels has a little while left, none of us should worry"

"You guys, you guys, you guys!" Coco runs down the stairs. My eyes glance as she stops at the end of the table. "What?" Queenie questions.

"I discovered a new power! I don't wanna toot my own horn, but it's pretty incredible"

"Alright, show us what you got" I stand up and walk over to her side. "Zoe can you place that muffin on the stand?" She questions, Zoe does that and then she looks to Mallory, "look up how many calories is has"

Mal does that making me cross over to place myself next to her.

Coco starts to groan before rejoining us, "476 calories"

"She's right, large chocolate chip muffin, 476 calories!"

"Bullshit, you looked it up didn't you?" Queenie's arms cross. "I swear on the life of past supremes, I didn't"

"Why would she? Her powers are growing, and it's great"

"That's amazing Coco, I told you, you just need to apply yourself" Mallory smiles at her.

"Speaking of, I need to handle something, Coco, I'm proud of you, you just need to keep using your powers" I walk past and lean into Zoe and Queenie, "make sure no one comes into my room, I have an idea"

"Tell me you aren't doing it again"

"I feel like I'm breaking it Zo, I have a plan" I answer back. "Breaking what?" Mallory looks over, "her laptop" Queenie nods, "left water on it"

I nod, and quickly dash up the stairs before they could yell at me for being dumb.

But of course, Del was in her room, distressed making me sigh and look in, knocking.

"Lana, come in" She smiles, clearly upset. "What happened? Could you not get in contact?" My head tilts. "No, we did, he has Nan. She seems to enjoy it. But he wanted the rest of you"