xxvi.

l a n a

"Should you really be sitting right by him?" The persist questions. "She can" Michael cuts in, making me smile, pushing past with a chair and placing it down.

"Is it too spicy?" Madelyn questions Michael as he takes his first bite. "No, it's good" He nods making me look over to him and then down to the table. "Bless the dark lord! It's my mothers recipe!"

"Try the mac and cheese"

"No the Turkey meatballs"

"May I touch your hair?"

"Let the kid eat!" Madelyn steps in. "Or is something wrong? What can we do?"

"I think everyone should do what they normally do. Have fun. Enjoy your Wednesday potluck dinner like always"

"You heard the boy! Our guest of honor eats at his own pace" She cheers before sitting down by us again. "I can personally vouch for the spinach lasagna. It would be the honor of my life to watch you eat it" She smiles.

Michael forces one back, shaking off the spoon as he pushed the plate over.

"So what happens next?"

"I'll eat your lasagna"

"No silly!" She laughs, "I meant on the global annotation front!"

"I'm not sure"

"What do you mean?"

"I think he was fairly clear" My fingers drum the table. "I don't know where to begin"

"But you're the antichrist"

"Which people won't let me forget. Everyone keeps saying that I'm the only one who can bring upon the end times, but it's not like there's an instruction manual!" He rises with each word. "And the only one I could turn to is gone now!" He continues, slowly falling back down.

"I think there's someone you need to meet" She tries to comfort.

"Why? Would they have a plan?" I tilt my head at her. "Just trust me. Michael now if not the tome to bury yourself in doubt. This person who helped you, what was their name"

"Ms. Miriam Mead"

The women types before showing him the phone, "and there she is, let's go pick her up!"

"That's not the problem, I'm not powerful enough to bring her back" Michael says making me drop my fork, unsure if he was aware of my power to. "She's dead"

"Dead? That's something we can work around" She pushes out of the chair.

"You are the son of Satan. There is no one, or no thing, you can't have"

***

"I expected there to be black or red" I look to the building, walking with Michael. He shakes his head back to me. As we reached the doors he stops me from entering.

"Lana, I've had a lot of people betray me. I need to know if you are with me for this"

"I stayed in the woods with you for 4 days. Let's not forget that" I cross my arms, "you're one of them"

"It was only a matter of time before whatever my Nana cause me, took over"

My body pushes into the door letting him go first.

***

A scoff leaves my mouth as we enter the room.

"Stop" Michael mutters.

"They look like idiots, are we in the right room?" I turn to the door as he takes my wrist.

"Dude! What's up, been dying to meet you, Madelyn's been talking you up. See you even managed to get yourself your personal lady of the evening" The brown hair one points to me. I turn back to the girl sitting down, wondering how she managed to end up with them.

"Actually she is a friend, a fellow supporter" He looks to me, waiting for my loud mouth to open.

"Right" They both laugh holding out the word.

"How much money do you make" I question them, tilting my head as my eyes landed on the coke they had in a jar. They look to each other confused before my fist closes at my side and the glass shatters behind them. A shard comes to my hand, before my arms cross. "Proceed" My voice says to the boys as I lean on a table. They look back and then give me a look.

"Uh, to Madelyn seems totally convinced you're the one but" He slowly looks back to me as I twisted the glass.

"Yea, I thought you'd be a little more buff. Yknow like the Rock, I was picturing the rock"

"C'mon man. That's stereotypical. What's your name again?"

"Michael. Langdon"

My mind dashes back to the Murder House, and Madison. Quickly whipped away by the laughs now coming from the two boys.

Michael was walking out before they start to yell. "Look, I thought I'd be pissing my pants. But I'm as dry as the Sahara"

"Look at it from our point of view" One says as I stand up, "how do we know you're the antichrist?"

Michael pulls up his hair to reveal the triangle of sixes.

"I mean that's cool and all but it's just a tattoo"

"No. It's true. There's a darkness and it's coming from him" The girl stands and tried to run out before her body goes up in flame.

"Oh shit!" Both of them explain. My eyes roll, dropping the glass on the table as they started to hail him.

***

The two talk fast, spitting raw fish slightly as they do so. Continuously praising Satan, and yelling fuck it.

"I need a cigarette" My head shakes as I rise and walk back to a tree as the continued to yell about robotics.

Michael cut in, offering up a photo of Ms. Meade, hopefully so they would handle getting her back sooner rather than later.

***

Within a few days, Michael I were back, and Jeff and Mutt were explaining everything about her.

"Just don't tell her she's a biomechanical humanoid. At least not at first. She could end up killing herself or others. Seen it happen, not worth the headache" Mutt laughs as he speaks. I nod slowly, looking at their creation.

"And now! Kineros Robotic proudly presents, the battle ax- Miriam Meade 2.0"

Jeff types on a computer behind us and slowly she starts to move, earning me to step back. "Now don't expect her to be herself right away. It's going to take time. Like any relationship"

Her eyes open, glancing around she finds Michael and sits up, holding her arm out to him.

"How I've missed you Michael"

***

merry crisis and happy holidays! i hope everyone had/has a good time with family. ignore the crappiness of this chapter! i may upload twice today bc i like the next