xii.

"now i gotta wake it up, the devil in me"

l a n a

"Could people please not move things!" Cordelia yells from downstairs, waking me up from my light sleep.

"Some of us are blind!"

"Sorry Delia!" I yell back like she could hear me.

But all it did was wake me up more, and Zoe.

And then there are scratches at the door. I look to see her pull the pillow over her head.

With a sigh I pull up and open the door to find a dog.

"Hey, when did we get a dog?" I yell rushing down the stairs, earning her follow.

"Her name is Endora" Fiona comes out into the room.

"Okay what's going on" Madison, Nan, and Zoe come down the stairs. "We have a dog" I smile.

"Just so we know, the dog is for protection. Not your own enjoyment" Fiona states, looking to me.

"We woke up for this?" Madison sasses. "A dumb dog?"

"Hey, no! It is not a dumb dog, it's a guard dog"

"Okay, well now that everyone is here, let's talk about some things. Firstly. Please don't move things around on me. It's extremely frustrating. I broke a whole pack of eggs. Next, this dog is for our protection against witch hunters, you girls have dealt with a lot, but nothing like this" She continues.

"Yes. Endora is going to be a good addition, she's more loyal and protective of anything she loves" Fiona claps her hands together before walking out of the room.

"Now that we're up can we please go to the hospital to check on Luke?" Nan begs the three of us. "I was actually going to go out"

"With the dog" Zoe looks over and laughs at me. "Actually, Madison wanted to talk"

"Fine. I'm leaving" Nan crosses her arm and walks out.

"I'll go with Nan" Zoe says leaving us two.

***

"What did you mean who were you jealous of?" She looks over. "Nothing, why does it matter" I lay down on my bed as Madison sits on in. "It doesn't" She scoffs, flipping her hair back. "Then why did you want to talk?" I mock her action. "I don't know" She looks down making me sit up.

"Are you okay?" I furrow my eyebrows. She gave a feeling I'd never felt off her. She was Ashamed, maybe even scared.

"Duh" She stands, hiding her feelings with a smile. "Madison, we don't always get along but if you need to talk about something I'm here" I stress, crossing my legs. "We aren't friends Lana" She spats making me sit back.

I stay quiet for a minute.

"Kyle said he loved me, and I don't think you two should keep fucking" My eyes look up.

Everything turns to disappointment.

"Yea, whatever" She turns out the room making me fall back to the bed and groan at her.

***

"Great, you're back. Cordelia wants us all to stay in because it's not safe" Madison chews her gum away as I step into the living room. "We shouldn't have to live in fear" I look at her. "Don't shoot the messenger" She sasses as the other two look between us. Nan opened her mouth to say something before stopping. "I need a book" I look back to the shelf and find one filled with spells "What are you doing" Zoe raises an eyebrow. "Magic" I look over, lacing my voice with a sense of joking.