School Life

I was walking to my next class when I bumped into Max. 

"Sorry Max. Didn't see you then." I was distracted. I had an exam on and I hadn't studied all week because of Kyle's growing powers. I had to teach him how to control his new found abilities and how to resist showing them off.

"It's fine. What's wrong? You haven't called in ages." We were in the same class so we walked to the classroom together.

"I know. I'm sorry. It's just with Kyle.. You know.." I trailed off. We're not allowed talk about our powers in public.

"Oh. He's at that stage already?" Max seemed surprised.

"Yeah. And Kyra is beginning to get her first ability too. And since it's only really me and Aidan in the house after school, we have to mind the two of them twenty -four seven. Oh yeah, speaking about that, I have news for you." I told him.

"What is it?" He asked eagerly.

"You'll have to wait and see. Meet me at the gates after school. We'll go to my house. Aidan will be able to look after the kids for an hour or two on his own." I went ahead inside the classroom and took my seat.

~~~~

I was waiting outside the school gates waiting for Max. I looked at my watch and was about to leave when I heard someone calling my name.

"Alecxis! Wait up!" Max shouted. When he caught up to me, he was panting. "Sorry, I had fifteen minutes detention for no reason."

"No reason?" I raised an eyebrow. Max is always getting some kind of detention, whether its fifteen minutes or two hours.

"Well... I kinda cursed at my Maths teacher." he admitted.

I shook my head. 

"Come one. I need to be helping Aidan by seven and it's already twenty past six." My house was about twenty minutes to half an hour away from my school, Magic Academy of Fourth Earth.

~~~~

We entered my house. Considering we have very little money, we have a pretty big house. We have six rooms upstairs plus a boiler/storage room. James has his own room, Jack has his own room, Aidan shares with Kyle as Kyle doesn't want his own room just yet and I share with Kyra, as someone has to mind her. Aidan helps me too. 

You see, my family is part of an organisation. They help us by giving us the money we need. They also help with Magic Training Courses to improve our magic control.

"What is it you have to tell me?" Max asked as we sat down on the couch in our living room.

"Well, we have found out that both Kyle and Kyra are like me." I started.

"You mean...?" 

"Yep. They both have the same gene as me, meaning they posse different types of magic, unlike you and the others, who only posse two or three different types." I explained.

"Wow. That means you have three extremely powerful members in your family, including yourself." Max said.

"Yeah but the two are still learning. We know Kyle has five at the moment which includes a chimera kagune from Tokyo Ghoul Eight Earth, Nature Dragon Slayer Magic from Fairy Tail Earthland, and some others. Kyra has shown signs of an Ukaku kagune and yesterday, she flung Aidan into that wall over there," I pointed to a dent in the wall. "Using Telekinesis. Trust me, it was hilarious. Just don't mention it to Aidan. I teased all through the day about it and now he's in a mood."

"Alright." I heard Max trying to hold back from laughing.

"Anyway, I have some homework to get to. You want to stay or you have something to attend to?" I asked this because I knew Max had his own younger siblings to look after.

"Oh yeah. I forgot! Sorry I'd better go. Mom won't be happy about this. The twins only ever seem to listen to me." we got up and walked to the front door. I gave Max a sympathetic smile. The twins are just as much trouble as a classroom of out of control four year olds.

"Cya in school tomorrow. Text me when you get home!" I shouted as Max got into his car.

I shut the door and raced up stairs.

"Aidan! You need help- Oh god." I just entered Aidan and Kyle's room and it looked as if a tornado has hit it. I began tiding up the room. Aidan was siting down. Kyra was on his lap, half asleep and Kyle was sitting beside him. Aidan looked at me apologetically.

"Sorry. Kyle just got another magic power. And Kyra seems to have the same." Aidan gently put Kyra down on the bed and told Kyle to stay sitting as he helped me clean up.

"Let me guess, something to do with tornadoes?" I asked.

"Yes. It's the element of Air." 

"Oh. Well, I'll bring Kyle to his classes tomorrow and I'll drop Kyra off at the daycare. They'll help her by giving her some injections to decrease the magic power level." I told Aidan.

"Ok."

When we finally finished cleaning up five minutes later, Aidan went down stairs to get us dinner. Jack and James are out on a job so they won't be back for another few days.

"Come on Kyle, get changed into your pajamas." I handed Kyle his pajamas.

"I don't want to go to bed!" he complained.

"Kyle, you're up later than usual. By half an hour. Now go to bed or no treats tomorrow." I told him as I picked up Kyra. She stirred as I brought her into my room. I placed her in her cot and kissed her forehead. "Goodnight, Kyra." I whispered.

"Alecxis! Come down quickly!" Aidan shouted.

I used telekinesis. "Be quiet. I'll be down in a sec. I'm putting Kyle to sleep."

I walked back into Aidan and Kyle's room. 

"Kyle, into bed." I said softly.

"Fine." he reluctantly got into bed

"Goodnight, Kyle. I'll see you in the morning." I whispered as I kissed him lightly. I was more of a mom to Kyle and Kyra since they don't actually have one. Sometimes, Kyra calls me 'Mama' instead of 'Big Sister'. I don't mind because she's so small and she needs a Mother even if that 'Mother' is her older sister. I ran downstairs quietly.

"What is it, Aidan?" I demanded.

"Look at the news." he said.

I turned my attention to the TV screen. I was shocked with what I read on the screen.