Relocated

~~~~

It was about two days after the incident. I had told H.Q. about what I had pieced together. The head of headquarters told me he'd check it out. 

I sitting in my temporary room, reading. At the moment, me, my family and Max and his family are all in a mansion house. It's only temporary until H.Q. get new homes sorted.

"Max!" I called as I walked out of my room.

"What?" he asked. Max's room was right next to mine.

"I'm going out to get some food for dinner and I want you to come with me." I told him.

"Why?" he moaned.

"Stop acting like a child Max. You're nearly sixteen! Now come one already." I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the front door.

~~~~

We came back with a load of food. Max's mom helped me prepare the food. None of the boys wanted to help and the twins and Kyle and Kyra are too young so that just left me and Julia.

We made the food and laid it out on the huge table.

"Come on guys! The food is out!" I sat down as my voice echoed throughout the whole house. Then I heard a loud rumble as everyone came running down the stairs. Niav, Glen, Kyle and Kyra came from the front room.

We ate, conversations going on. I was talking to Max, Julia was talking to her husband, Aidan, Jack and James were talking among themselves and the four younger ones were the loudest, having a screaming competition.

~~~~

I lay on my bed, reading my book. I looked at my clock. It was nearly midnight. I thought about everything that has happened in the past few days as I put my book down and closed my eyes.

So much has happened. Me and Max used to be normal teenagers, well as normal as people with powers can get, not so long ago. I missed those times but a new adventure was unfolding. And I was going to make the most of it.

I didn't get to sleep for ages so I decided to get up. It was quart to one after midnight. I threw on a black hoodie and my sweatpants. I didn't bother with shoes as I was just going out to the tree outside my window. I climbed through my window and sat on a branch of the tree. I had my sketch pad in my hand and a pencil and rubber. 

I began to draw the landscape to remind of this place when we left.

"What are you doing up there?" I heard a voice. I put my things aside and scanned the area. I didn't see or sense anyone so I went back to my drawing.

After about five minutes past, I felt something touch my bare hand. I squealed. I looked at the other side of the tree to see Max sitting on a branch opposite of me.

"MAX!" I yelled.

"What? I'm not allowed leave the house and you are?" he asked with sarcasm as he jumped down. I closed my sketch pad and gathered my three belongings. I jumped down myself before answering.

"I never said that. You just startled me. And how come I couldn't sense your presence?" I sat beside him under another, bigger tree.

"Aidan taught me how today while you and mum were cooking dinner. He said that if I ever wanted to play pranks on you, I'd need to learn that first." he answered.

"Why me?!" I cried out in mock complaint.

"Hey, what's that in your hand?" Max pointed to my sketch pad. 

"None of your business." I replied, sticking out my tongue.

"Awe. C'mon! Let me see!" 

"No Max." I sighed.

Before I could stop Max, he grabbed my sketch pad and flicked through it.

"Hey! Give that back!" I shouted angrily as I jumped up. I tackled Max to the ground. He let go of my sketch pad and we wrestled for a bit.

"Ok! Ok! I surrender!" Max laughed.

"Have you learned your lesson on NOT stealing?" I asked. 

"Yes." he replied in defeat. I got off of Max and helped him up.

"Good." I picked up my sketch pad and headed to the front door.

"Alecxis? I didn't know that you were so good at art." Max grabbed my shoulder.

"Thanks but it's getting late. Well, early. It's nearly five am."

"Oh." Max smiled but his tone gave it away. He sounded sad. I wandered why but I decided to leave it.

"Well, let's go." we raced to the door, without using our magic. I won. After that, we had to be quiet. I whispered goodnight to Max as we got to our rooms.

Well, that was fun. I smiled to myself. 

I got to sleep soon after.

~~~~

The next day, me and everyone went out, with money from H.Q., to buy new clothes and get started. Of course, we had to buy suitcases and all since we'll be moving in another week but we all needed new clothes. Even though the Lightning family's house wasn't destroyed in a fire, they left without taking much. Only the few things that were very precious to them.

As I realized that all our things were burnt and destroyed, I clutched my amulet. It's very special to me and the one who gave it to me told me to always wear it and keep it safe. There's something very powerful about the amulet itself but with the gem, which has been slip into fifteen shards, it came unleash a very powerful Titan. Jack and James are searching for the shards because once they are all collected, the one who holds the amulet and the gem will be able to release the Titan. And the good thing is, once this is done, the bond between the owner and the Titan can NEVER be severed.

I was looked forward to this but it was one secret I couldn't tell Max. 

A/N
The Titan idea comes from Huntik Seekers and Secrets. Sorry if this chapter seems a bit shorter. I dunno. Anyway, BAI!

 -Alecxis Powers