Secrets

I listened intently.

"She wants to kill us because of what happened eleven years ago. When you guys were four. I was sent on a mission to clear an area of dead bodies. There was a civil war between two people. They killed many people. I looked around for survivors, and found a young girl and her mom. They were hiding behind some rubble. I was taking them to an ambulance when I felt something hit my back. I was knocked out. When I opened my eyes, the woman was standing, with a scared expression on her face. I felt something on my hands and saw blood. The little girl was dead." he paused for a second so we could take it in.

"What does this have to do with Summer wanting to kill us?" I asked.

"The little girl was Summer's younger sister."

Myself and Max were surprised.

"After I realized what had happened, a guard came over and brought me back to H.Q. I was questioned about what had happened and so was the guard. It was decided that I had been temporarily manipulated. By who? We didn't find out till later. Apparently, it was the father of the girl. Why he wanted her dead and why he made me kill her are still not answered. Now Summer wants revenge by killing our family and Max's." James finished.

"Why my family?" Max asked with concern. It was his family, after all.

"Because you two are together and Summer wants our family to suffer. Meaning, to get her revenge, she has to kill everyone we care about." James told him.

"Oh.. But can't we stop her?"

"Yes. Once we release her dad's grip on her."

"Max.. You aren't going to..." I started.

"Break up with you? No way. I love you and no one's stopping me from being with you." Max kissed me. I kissed back, glad that he wasn't having second thoughts on me being his girlfriend.

"I'll leave you to it." James said getting up.

After he left, Max gripped my hands tightly.

"Alecxis, why did you ask that?"

"Because I thought after you heard that, you'd want to break up with me so your family will be safe." I hung me head.

"Why would I? I love you and my family are capable of taking care of themselves. Not to mention we have H.Q. backing us up." Max lifted my chin, so my eyes met his.

"I'm glad. For a second, I was worried."

"Don't be." he kissed me lightly on the lips then left me to my own thoughts.

I sighed happily. Then i thought about what James had said.

They want to kill us...

I thought about why Summer's dad is doing this. I mean, killing his own daughter, using my brother and the manipulating Summer. Then getting Summer to manipulate her friends. That is just wrong.

So this manipulating magic runs in the family.

I frowned.

"What's the point in killing his daughter, frame someone else, then get his oldest daughter to kill the blamed killer? Ok. That is confusing." I said out loud. "Unless..!" I ran out the door. "James! I've figured it out!" I called as I reached my brother's room.

I explained my theory and he said that it is possible. James called a group meeting which included my family, Max's family and the head of H.Q.

"Ok. Here's what I have come up with. the man, Summer's father, made James kill his youngest daughter because, maybe, she posses more magic power than him. You know the way some people are power hungry? Well, he could have wanted to be the strongest, so he killed the girl because of what she holds. And he made James do it because he KNEW Summer would want revenge. He must have held a grudge against our family. Summer was being manipulated but for a different reason than wanting revenge. Summer wanted revenge out of her own free will." I stopped.

"But then why is her dad controlling her then?" the head of H.Q. asked.

"Because Summer herself didn't want to kill everyone who was connected with us, just James. But her dad, he wanted her to kill all of our family and loved ones. So he controlled Summer, making her go after all of us and he made Summer take control of her two best friends." I paused.

"That would make sense..." our leader thought.

"Yes." Jack said.

"Well? Do you think it's possible?" I asked eagerly.

"It does make sense. If it is the right idea, then we need to figure out WHY Summer' father has a grudge against your family." Max's dad added.

"I think I can help you with that." James said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, tempted to start the song 'What Do You Mean'

"I mean, our father died killing a crazy power hungry man. He was killing people to try and use their blood to gain immortality. And that man, from what records say, was Summer's grandfather." James replied.

"How do you know that?" Max questioned.

"I know this because I went digging around for information on Summer and her family, before the fight yesterday. H.Q. keep profiles on everyone who posses magic of any kind."

"Wow." I meant to say it in my head, but the words escaped my mouth. I supped my mouth. "Sorry."

"It's fine. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that Summer's father must want revenge on our family because of what our own father did to his dad." James pointed out.

"That. Is. Confusing. As. Hell." Max complained.

"It's not that hard." I told him, punching him lightly in the shoulder.

"Ok. So what do we do now?" Max's mom asked.

"Well, we have to stop Summer's dad and make Summer release Ash and Moeka." I said.

"Yes but we need to figure out a few things first." the leader of H.Q. told us.

I thought about making a plan, but dismissed the idea. I was going to talk to Summer, make her see the truth and get her to release her friends from the spell. I was determined to do so.

A/N
If you go back to the 'An Introduction' and looked at Alecxis' family, it'll say
'Ciran {Father, Status Unknown}'
Can you guess why?!? Anyway, BAI!! -Alecxis