|What is Love?| Leo x Shy!Reader

The blonde male was stacking all his old tomes on his bedside table when he heard his bedroom door open softly.

You poked your head through the door and Leo turned to look at you.

"I couldn't sleep..." You shyly tiptoed into the room and shut the door. It was a bit strange to see your foster brother without his usual armour and in just a t-shirt. "C-can I stay in here for a while?"

"...Sure." Leo said awkwardly as you sat down lightly on his light purple striped sheets. "I was just about to go to sleep as well."

"Do you mind if I turn off the lights?" He asked, and you nodded.

He stood up and you watched as he flicked off the dim golden lights. Now immersed in watery darkness, you felt the bed dip slightly as Leo slid in beside you.

Feeling your face begin to heat up, you lay back and clutched the covers to your chest, noticing how close your faces were. To your dismay, Leo turned over so that he was facing the wall, and you tentatively reached over to wrap your arms around him, flinching when he stiffened.

"I-is this okay?" You stuttered, and you felt him relax, putting a hand on top of yours.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)."

~*~*~*~

You awoke to a bit of dim light filtering through the large, arched windows. Sitting up, you glanced around the room only to notice that Leo had left.

Judging from the light, you guessed that it was around early morning.

Ignoring the fact that you were wearing just a thin nightgown, you headed out the door, and almost barrelled into Camilla.

"(F/N), sweetie, what's the hurry at such an early hour?" She enveloped you in a bone-crushing hug, her long lilac tresses tickling your face.

"U-uh, I just needed to use the bathroom." Your face was beginning to turn red, and you pried your (E/C) orbs from Camilla's steely violet ones.

After avoiding your adoptive older sister's questions, you were now wandering the halls on your own.

"Hey, (F/N)." You were now standing in front of a certain blonde male. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just, uh," You struggled to find a excuse. "Why are you up so early?"

Leo sighed. "I should be asking you the same thing."

"But come on, (F/N)!" He suddenly grabbed your hand and pulled you down the hall. "Let's go outside."

"W-what?" Your bare feet treaded the carpet as you struggled to keep up with him.

~*~*~*~

Both breathing heavily, you and Leo emerged outside, as the cloudy dark grey sky was just beginning to lighten.

"I actually have to tell you something."

You gulped inwardly, hoping he wasn't angry at you.

"I'm sorry for all those times I've made fun of you or teased you." He kept his gaze averted to the ground.

"Damn it, why is it so hard to say it?" Leo's face was taking on a faint red hue.

"I love you."

You sucked in a breath.

"Sister."