|Shall We Dance?| Laslow x Reader

( Requested by nikkimel5 )

You were sitting by yourself watching couples dance in the middle of the ballroom when you felt someone sit down next to you.

You turned to find that Camilla had sat down next to you.

"Hey Camilla." You smiled at her and she patted your hand.

"Hello there, (F/N) sweetie."

"What have you been doing?" You asked her, and caught sight of a certain silver-headed male making his way over to you both.

"I've been walking around." She hugged you close to her chest. "Did you miss me, (Y/N)?"

"Camilla, I'm not a child anymore!" You protested, and she laughed, releasing you from her iron grip.

"Hello ladies." Laslow smiled charmingly, and you turned away, feeling your face beginning to burn red.

"Ah, Laslow. How have you been?" Camilla addressed the retainer and the two struck up a conversation.

"Well, I must be going now." Camilla stood up and headed over to Selena and Beruka, sending you a wink.

"(Y/N)," Laslow looked at you. "Do you want to dance?"

"O-oh, I can't dance." You could feel the heat creeping up the cheeks as he smiled that charming and charismatic smile at you.

"A beautiful woman like you shouldn't be sitting here alone." He took your hand and led you over to the ballroom floor. "Just follow me."

Your (F/C) dress fluttered after you as Laslow gently pulled you to the centre of the dance floor.

His hand came to a rest at your waist and your hands found their way to his shoulders.

As you were led around the ballroom floor by the silver-haired man, everything else melted away, until it was just you and Laslow alone together.

He spun you around and pulled you even closer, (E/C) eyes meeting passionate grey ones.

Eventually the song ended, and you pulled Laslow to a stop. He took your hand and planted a soft kiss onto it.

"Let's go out to the garden." He whispered, his lips nearly touching your ear. He let go of your hand and you followed him out the large arched doors.

~*~*~*~

The multicoloured roses on the bushes emitted a sweet fragrance as you and Laslow walked through the garden path.

The full moon was bright and you smoothed down your slightly ruffled dress.

Laslow bent down and picked a (F/C) rose, tucking it behind your ear.

"For you, my princess."

You blushed at his words, and he leaned down to press his lips to your slender knuckles.

"Laslow, I've been meaning to tell you something." You both stopped and a warm breeze blew past, rustling through the roses.

"I love you." You confessed and dropped your gaze to the ground. "You probably don't return my feeli-"

"(F/N), I love you too." He cut you off and cupped your face in his hands. "May I kiss you?"

Breathing out slowly you nodded and he leaned in, closing the distance between you both. He captured your lips with his and your eyelids fluttered closed as he kissed you.

As you pulled away, he stared at your lips and licked his own lips.

Walking back to the ballroom, you grabbed Laslow's hand and blushed when he smiled at you.