downpour // leo

ChromtheChrommander

Sandy strands of hair trailed over his pale cheeks as he carefully flipped the page of his book

Sandy strands of hair trailed over his pale cheeks as he carefully flipped the page of his book. Free days were rare for the Nohrian prince ; so he wanted to enjoy it to the fullest with the things most important to him.

Seemingly immersed in the inked script, Leo is silent for several moments as ( Name ) gazed intently at him.

Suddenly, he looked up and directed his gaze over to the ( Hair Colour )-haired prince/ss sitting next to him. "( Name )? Is there a reason why you've been staring at me for the past ten minutes?" He questioned.

"No. I just thought you looked nice today." They responded honestly as their lips curled up in a small smile.

At that statement, the usually stoic dark mage let a soft smile show. He leaned over, gently placing a kiss on ( Name )'s cheek. "Well . . . Thank you." He responded earnestly.

They flushed a light shade of pink, and directed their ( Eye Colour ) gaze to the dusty ground to avoid making eye contact. "You . . you're welcome." ( Name ) murmured.

Silent for several moments, the mage spoke up again as the sun was beginning to dip below the orange - streaked horizon.

"We should head back now." Looking up at the gradually darkening sky , Leo crossed his armour - covered arms stiffly in front of his chest. Getting up from his seat on the stone bench, he offered a hand to ( Name ). "Shall we?"

They hesitantly accepted his help and got to their feet , using their free hand to brush back a strand of ( Hair Colour ) hair from their eyes in the process. "Y-yes . . We shall."

( Name ) followed him down the path , their eyes nervously darting around at their surroundings. "Leo ? I think it's about to start rain - " They stopped just as a drop of rain splashed onto their face.

"Heh. In that case , we should probably get back even quicker." Punctuating his statement with a rare laugh , Leo grabbed the other's hand and led them towards the shelter of a tree that steadily grew closer with each step.

Under the street lights , the two made it to the tree just as the sky opened up and sheets of rain began to patter against the ground. Shoulders shaking , ( Name ) grinned as they ruffled the Nohrian prince's slightly damp blond locks.

"Thanks for today. I really enjoyed spending time with you." They smiled honestly , eyes sparkling and cheeks reddening before they leaned in to softly capture his lips in their own.

Pulling back quickly , they bounded down the path in the pouring rain and disappeared into the gloom just as he opened his mouth to speak.

Leo shook his head with a small smile. "Good night , ( Name )." He whispered out into the downpour.