|Naptime| Kaden x Reader

"Hey, (F/N), are you sure you don't want to go take a nap?" The annoying but lovable brown-haired Kitsune pestered, your (H/C) locks falling wildly around your face as you continued to plant some bean sprouts.

"Maybe later, I have to finish planting these first." Dark shadows had appeared under your eyes and you yawned widely, swiping at your eyes with your wrist, wincing as some specks of soil flew into your (E/C) orbs.

"That's no good! Come on, (F/N)!" Taking your wrist and forcibly dragging you out of the bean fields, he headed for one of his favourite napping spots, ignoring your grumbling and complaining.

~*~*~*~

"Do you feel better now, (F/N)?" Kaden asked as you settled into a patch of vibrant green moss and grass, shaded by a pale pink cherry-blossom tree.

"Yeah, I guess."

You had to admit that the cool breeze and fluttering leaves showering around you felt especially good on your sore and tired body.

Kaden grinned. "So, who do you like?"

"No one." You said, not meeting his eyes.

"Are you sure?" He pressed. You shook your head violently, not wanting to answer that question.

You looked up again and he was smiling that adorable, lovable smile of his, showing a slightly chipped front tooth.

"That's good. Because I don't want anyone to steal (Y/N) from me!"

He grasped your hand and gave you a hug, his warm, strong arms encircling you protectively.

"I think I love you, (Y/N)." He whispered, and you reached up to pat his shoulder. "But you probably don't like me."

"I like you fine, Kaden." You assured the brunette Kitsune, and he hugged you tighter. "We're friends."

"In fact, I might like you a bit more than just friends." Your face turned red and you mentally spat out any colourful swear you knew. "Wait, I didn't-"

Kaden's face lit up, and you broke the eye contact again, staring out at the grassy hills.

"I love you so much, (F/N)!" He jumped at you again and you prepared yourself for the affection of the excited Kitsune.

"W-well, I love you, too."