|Don't Be Sad| Benny x Childish!Reader

(Requested by Cho_Chan )

Your bare feet treaded the soft sand of the ground and you let out a sigh, watching your comrades all train for battle.

"It's boring today.." You trailed off as you saw your friend Benny planting some wheat in the field, back bent over.

"Benny!" You ran over to him and jumped on his back, earning a surprised grunt from him.

"Hey there, (F/N)." He smiled gruffly and supported your legs with his tanned and scarred hands. "Did you need anything?"

"Come on! Let's go to the river!" You jumped off his back and began pulling him towards the river.

He scooped you up and began making his way down the river bank, chuckling at your childish complaints.

~*~*~*~

As the two of you walked down the grassy river bank, you saw a group of girls chatting on a blanket on the grass.

Bounding up to them, you grinned. "Hi there!"

"Hey," The girls smiled at you but broke off as they saw Benny approaching. "Argh!"

They abandoned the blanket and scattered up the grassy hill, leaving you and Benny.

His face crumpled and you ran back to him.

"Benny, what's wrong?" You wrapped your small arms around him and hugged him close.

"Everybody is scared of me.." Benny murmured, and you held him tighter.

"I'm not scared of you!" You grinned and patted his back. "You're fun, and nice, and you give awesome piggy back rides!"

"So don't be sad!" You continued, and Benny gave a small smile. "Because I like you!"

"Thanks, (F/N).." He smiled and carried you up the hill, your (H/C) locks fluttering behind you.