Why?

Sky's POV

*5 Years Later*

9. That's how old I am. 

5. Kyle and I got 'married' in fake rings. It was our anniversary today. July 7th. I walked down the street in a very happy mood. I walked up the stairs and the air was thick. I knocked and when I heard no answer I opened the door. It was quiet. I grabbed the knife in the small corner by the door and crawled my way to the kitchen. It was empty. 

Living room. Empty.

Bathroom. Empty.

Joy's Room. Empty.

Ky's Room. Empty.

Mom and Dad's Room. Empty.

Jeremy's Room. Empty.

Game Room, music room, sports room, gymnastics. Empty.

I went to the backyard and saw something unexpected. 

Kyle, Mom, Dad and Jeremy. Tears. Where's Joy?

I pulled out my phone and called Panda.

"Hey Sky was-"

"Panda assemble everyone at Ky's place. Now."

"Got it." She said and hung up.

5 minutes later I saw the whole squad coming on bikes and skateboards. 

"Sup?" Alexis asked. I just motioned them to the back.

"Whyyyyy!!" Mom screamed

"What's wrong?" I asked as we all comforted the family.

"J-J-J-J-J-J-" Ky stammered as hot tears fell like rain.

"Ky tell me, please, I can help."

"Joy is dead." Ky whispered.

Everything around me stopped. Time just froze. Joy is dead? No...

"It's not true Ky."

"It is." He whispered and held his head in his hands.

"Stop kidding Kyle. It's not funny." I said as tears just started to roll down my cheeks. I pulled out my phone and dialed Joy's number.

"I'm sorry, this phone number is out of service." The automatic voice said.

"No, no, no, no, no." I whispered 

"NO!!!" I screamed and pulled Kyle to me.

We got up and went inside and then...

Everything .

Went.

Black.

*A long time later*

Mitch POV

"Hello?"

"Hey Mitch, it's Sky." Panda said in a rushed tone, she was crying. I could tell.

"Calm down baby girl and just breathe. What's wrong?"

"Sky, she fainted and been out for more than 3 hours, we're at the hospital." 

"I'm on my way." I said as I grabbed my keys and rushed out. 

*At the hospital.*

I called Avi, since he is Sky's dad, and tried calling Kirstie because she's Sky's mom. 

"Hey Mitch wassup?" Avi said

"Sky. Hospital. Now." I breathed

"I'm on my way." He said and hung up.

I texted Scott, Kevin and Kirstie because they weren't answering their phone.

"Escuse me." I tried to get the secretary's attention. "Escuse me lady!" I said louder. She looked up. "Yes?" She said irritated. 

"What room is Sky Kaplan?" I asked

"No Kaplan, but we have a Silver. Same person?"

"Yes her father is Avi Kaplan he'll be comming soon, I'm her uncle what room is she in." I said impatiently.

"4th room on the 4th floor." she said as I ran to the elevator.

"Come On, Come on." I whispered as I pressed the up button. Avi came running down the hall and ran into the elevator same time I did. I pressed the 4th button and Avi rubbed his face with his hands. We just stood there in silence. 

When the elevator opened, we saw all her friends by her door and Darcy's mom on the phone. Probably contacting the kids' parents to let them know where the were.

I let Avi go in to see his daughter and I just sat outside.

"Umm, where's Kyle and Jake?" I asked Darren since they were pretty close.

He didn't look up or answer me. 

"Darren?" 

"Joy's dead." He answered in a cold tone. 

"Oh my God." I whispered held my face in my hands. 

Darcy came to me and gave me a hug. 

"You need this." She said  and I hugged her back. 

Soon we all just sat there in silence and waited for Avi. Soon Kev, Kirs and Scott came and tried to lighten the mood. 

Avi's POV

"Sky." I held her hand as  her eyes were shut. Her breathing was steady.

"Please wake up soon." I whispered. I didn't know what to say, what to do.

"I love you Sky." I said and I just wait.....

Patience.

Everything takes time.