Chapter Seven - 'Walking, Teleporting- Same Thing.'

"Uh...nice mask." I blurted.

"Perhaps this should be my permanent one." He joked awkwardly, it was hard deciphering him when his face was covered and his body language didn't change. He had the posture of a soldier.

If it weren't for the tense atmosphere, I would've laughed in this situation.

"Where's your other mask?" I asked instead. It was probably the one I had saw Jackie push aside earlier, but I just wanted to hear him confirm it- mostly just because I wanted to hear the sound of his voice again. It was just as deep as I had remembered it to be.

I assume Super Psych and Jackie are good friends. It made sense, Super Psych probably had his suit ruined quite a number of times; the first time I had met him, he had a wound to his stomach, whatever came at him, by pure luck must've hit him the gap of fabric or either pierced through his armour. I highly doubted the latter.

"I don't have it on me right now." He answered tersely. I stared at him, well- the gold mask. I can't believe this is our second encounter. I also can't believe the strange circumstances we end up in. I always thought that I'd be ecstatic if I were to meet him again but I found myself oddly calm- maybe realisation has yet to sink in.

Or maybe it was the fact that I couldn't see what Super Psych was expressing, I usually fed off other people's emotions. It's not as crazy as it sounds, it was kind of like contagious smiling.

I bend down to pick up my shirt and slip it back on awkwardly. Super Psych, respectfully turned away.

"So we've met..." He murmured after a period of awkward silence.

"Met...hugged...yes."

I couldn't see his face, but he probably looked confused. Suddenly he began chuckling, his Adams' apple bobbing up and down. "Right, I remember. Sorry about that. Did I get my- uh, blood all over you?"

I crossed my arms, still feeling kind of bare. "I came home with a huge blood stain on my sweater." Oh, and my face. I still remembered the night pretty vividly despite how long ago it seemed to be.

"Sorry." He apologised again, "I really..."

I shrugged, hoping I looked more casual than I felt. "It's fine. I wasn't the one hurt."

He nodded, moving the mask along with his head. I try to suppress a large grin trying to consume my face. As entertaining as it was, it was killing me that I couldn't see what he looked like. "I'm fine. I told you that didn't I? I'm a superhero." He assured me, his voice wavering the slightest bit.

"Right." I said slowly, "So do you always come here?"

"I guess so. So do you ever knock?" He replied wittily.

I felt my face heat up, "All the other doors were closed so I just assumed... I didn't see anyone when I entered. Wait- so do you have invisibility?" Words were just spewing out of my mouth. I felt like a child in a candy store- just wanting to get my hands on everything at once- in this case, I wanted to say everything and anything before he would be shortly off and away saving the world. Our last encounter hadn't lasted long, I doubted this one would.

"No, I don't possess that." He clarified firmly, "I just realised you weren't Jackie so I moved behind the boxes and hid." There was an undeniable trace of amusement behind his words.

"Moved, huh?"

Super Psych shrugged, "Moved...teleported. Same thing I guess."