Chapter Twenty-Nine - 'You Shed Like Crazy.'

[A/N: I have blessed this update with three things: An early upload, covers to favour and a gif down the line for experimental purposes. Bear with me, I want to start implementing them! Anyway, you know the drill; tell me which cover you like best from 1 to 3!

-

I open the door to leave Reece's room to find a curled up Cyber by the door, how an active canine can fall asleep in such an environment is beyond me. I crouch down to stroke his head. Cyber quickly awakens at my touch and sticks out his tongue in assumed glee. I laughed, "Hey boy! Haven't seen you in a while!" I cooed, pitching my voice ridiculously as if he could understand me this way.

Cyber barked, the distinguishable noise parting from the rhythmic thumping of the music that was really starting to sound no less than a headache- and catching the attention of Reece. "There you are." Reece said, now standing behind me.

I grinned, "I thought his stay with you was up a week ago."

"That was the plan..." Reece trailed off, scratching Cyber's ears affectionately.

"I can't believe I came to a party and ended up staying in your room for all of it." I said, grimacing as I recall my avid participation in high school parties.

He half smiled, "You can't stay away, can you?"

I rolled my eyes at him, smiling nonetheless. "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"Are you walking home?" he suddenly asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

I nodded, "It's not too long of a walk."

"It's dark out." he muttered, his eyes dickering over to the window. He suddenly fished out keys from his sweatpants.

"Oh- you don't have to do that. Pretty sure your car is blocked in."

Reece scowled, "Why did I let Kimmy have it here?" he said under his breath, retreating back into his room without further exchange.

Just when I think this is how we part for the night, Reece comes back with the black sweater in hand, the same sweater he'd offered me earlier. "Don't die." he said, placing the sweater over my head.

"Such a gentleman." I joked, my senses enticed by the particular smell of his fresh laundry; like him. I pull the sweater off my head and pulled it on over my costume.

"Fits like a glove." I laughed sheepishly, holding out my arms where the sleeves far surpassed my hands. "No one will suspect me to be the uppity princess I am and try to shank me tonight."

He chuckled, grabbing the end of the floppy sleeve and beginning to cuff them for me. I probably did look like a child getting her clothes fitted, but I was too busy trying to get past the fact that Reece didn't seem to realise what he was doing until he was halfway folding the other sleeve when his hands froze- as did his expression- which slowly contorted into confusion regarding his own actions. "Ah..."

I smiled- suppressing a bigger grin threatening to spill, "Thank you."

For a strange few seconds he didn't seem to know what to do with his hands. As if unsure whether he should finish what he started or just stop. "It's not even yet, this one is still too big." I said pointedly, stilling holding out my arm with the oversized sleeve.