Chapter Nine - 'That Doesn't Sound Right...'

SP was gone and I didn't know what to do with myself after I processed the bizarre sequence of events that happened today. I just spent the last hour with Super Psych! I catch myself grinning stupidly, like a child that had just witnessed Santa Claus.

I pull out my phone to check the time, unsure what else to do with myself. It's 5:21pm, so I guess Tyler should be home. I decide to call him, Tyler and I hadn't hung out in a while, well- a week. And when you're having a (pointless) gap year, a week feels like a month.

I'm sure Ash and I can both agree he needs a break. He hadn't even started college but his nose was buried in textbooks regardless. Like me, he was kind of having a gap year- except he was spending it working his ass off, taking on a load of students to tutor as if he was trying to pay off the college tuition already.

Then there was me, the girl who only really took up a job just to have something good to do to pass time.

Tyler answers the call, "Hey, Liv." He said, he sounded like he had just woken from a nap.

"Hey! Let's go out and do something." I said.

Tyler groaned, "Seriously? Now?"

"Why not?"

"I'm tired and it's a little late for anything..."

"C'mon, don't you want to spend tonight with the funniest person in the world? Don't you miss her?" I said playfully.

"Who may this person be?" He retorted.

"Me!" I sang.

I hear Tyler sigh, "It's raining."

"So?"

"Fine. But if I get sick, I'm pestering you." He gave in, "What do you have in mind?"

"What about we go Ash's place, he said we could come over anytime. Do you realise we've never been inside?"

"Yeah, he might live in a slaughterhouse for all we know." Tyler joked.

I snorted, it was hard to imagine someone like Ash in that type of situation, "Okay, pick me up!"

"When are you getting a car?" He muttered, "You already know how to drive."

"Everything is in walking distance." There was that reason, but also despite knowing how to drive, it'd be safer for everyone if I was on foot rather than behind a wheel. "And stop being lazy!"

"I-"

"See ya!" I ended the call before he could get another excuse in and began calling Ash. He picked up on the second ring. "Hey Olive!" He answered, as lively as ever. I smiled.

"-via."

"So that's a no?"

"Yep."

"Damn." He chuckled, "So what's up?"

"You busy?"

"Why?"

"Ty and I are coming over!"

He hesitated, "Cool, but my friend is over too. Should've warned me first, I didn't get enough snacks."