Chapter Sixteen - 'Thugs' Doing'

[ A/N: Who's your favourite character so far? ]

-

After the awkward explanation to everyone about why Reece may have been suspiciously on top of me, I figured it was time for everyone to go home- I couldn't handle the tension between Ash and Reece any longer. Ash seemed irritated beyond grasp, and I was having a hard time trying to decipher why.

"Your arm should be in a sling for a while." Reece advised before holding a long pause, "Goodnight Olivia." he finally said before sauntering out of the room. Before I could even comprehend that he'd finally used my name, both of the brothers had left my line of sight and their footsteps and had begun retreating downstairs.

I catch myself smiling, despite my preference for being called Liv over Olivia, hearing either over Princess made me happy, by Reece nonetheless.

"Sorry, I brought everyone here just to see me fall down the stairs." I apologised sheepishly, turning back to Kimmy and Tyler.

Kimmy rolled her eyes, smiling. "Don't worry about it. Are you sure you'll be okay?"

I gestured dismissively with my capable arm, "I will be, thanks for everything." Kimmy then leant over to give me a quick hug before hurrying off with the rest of her gang.

"Good luck explaining this to your dad." Tyler said, smirking.

I glared up at him with my one eye, "Oh, that's why you've got that annoying smirk on your face."

He chuckled, "I can't take you seriously with the bandages."

"Kimmy said I looked like a 'tragic anime character'." I quoted, grinning.

"I see it. Huh, I never noticed how big your eyes were." He said, his gaze then quickly trailed over to my shoulder, "So Reece actually popped your shoulder back in? That's hardcore."

I nodded, "I think so."

Tyler shook his head in disbelief, "That guy is crazy."

"He's full of surprises." I agreed, smiling.

"Speaking of surprises, Ash was kinda one tonight."

I purse my lips, "Yeah, guess siblings don't get along too well."

Tyler looked as if he'd wanted to add onto it but decided not to, when I notice his expression I instantly want to take back my words. "Guess so." Tyler then reached over to ruffle my hair up, "I think I'll head home now, Janice said she'd need some help moving around some furniture." He said, smiling grimly.

I nodded, mildly disappointed. I truly had invited friends over to get injured and watch me fall down the stairs. I'd hoped Tyler would stay over for the night to lessen the blow, he also hadn't slept over in a while and I'd missed some late night company. "Cool."

"Well if you start to feel sleepy, call to something- you might have a concussion." Tyler said firmly, "Don't forget to tell Elizabeth right away."

Thanks, Dad. "I don't wanna-"

"She works in the medical field doesn't she? Is your ego more precious than your wellbeing?" He teased, raising an accusing eyebrow.