Chapter Twenty-Eight - 'Death By Brownie'

[ A/N: Here's (some of) the boys! What do you think? Enjoy, vote & comment! ]

-

I gave the door a few raps before entering, thus the mistake I realise I've made when my eyes set upon a two strangers making out furiously on Reece's bed. I almost drop the plate of food in surprise, almost thinking that the guy on the bed is Reece. I drew in a sharp breath, laughing awkwardly at the doorway- my noise drowned out by the music from downstairs.

Before I can comprehend what to do in this situation and get away, I feel a hand suddenly on my shoulder before getting swivelled around. "What are you doing Olivia?" When I realise it's just Reece, I let out an involuntary sigh of relief.

"How'd you know it was me?" I asked, mildly impressed.

"Your height and your hair." He answered coolly, as if it had been obvious. I quickly notice he's not wearing anything remotely party appropriate, but I'm more than thrilled because he's wearing the navy blue sweater I got him as a gift two weeks ago. I'd struggled with conjuring up something for him, so I'd settled with a clothing item- one of colour unlike most of his usual attire. I bite back a grin and stepped aside for him, gesturing to the strangers in his room. "Right, well..." The couple still didn't seem to have noticed that we were standing here as they indulged in one another.

Reece sighed at the sight, "I left for one second to take a piss." He muttered exasperatedly, running his hand through his lengthy hair- I'd only recently discovered the top part was where most of the length came from and it's intrigued me ever since. "You two,"  He said sharply, "get out of my room." The two shortly scrambled out.

"I'm surprised you allowed Kimmy to have the party here." I commented, watching his face contort from annoyance to weariness.

"She doesn't stop until she gets what she wants." Reece muttered.

I laughed, handing the plate of food over to him, "I brought you food. Kimmy wants you to join the party."

Reece makes a weird face before taking the plate over to his desk and sitting himself onto his chair. "Thanks and no thanks." He said tiredly, "Shut the door on your way out."

I shut the door, but I don't leave. Taking in the sight of his room instead, it hasn't changed much since I was last here. "Is it okay if I stay here for a bit?" I ask, making my way over to his neatly made bed the couple earlier surprisingly hadn't messed up too much and plopping myself down, pulling my mask out of my hair, "I'm going to stay regardless of your answer anyway, thanks."

He laughed a little, swivelling his chair around to face me, "Not having fun out there?"

"No no, it's fun. I just needed a break." I said, "And guess what?"

"I'm not guessing."

"You're the worst. All you had to say was what." I said before continuing, "I ran into my ex. What are the chances?"

He nodded, not looking up as he pulled out his phone, "Weird."

"Exactly."

"Picturing you with one, that is." He quipped.

I grab the closest thing on his bed and throw it at him, to which he obnoxiously catches without so much as a glance. I pause and stare at what I'd thrown and what he'd caught. "Wait, is that a-" I gasp, "Oh my gosh! You had a costume ready!"