Chapter Twenty-Six - 'Weird Trash Talker'

[ A/N: Haven't made a book cover in a while, I quite like this one (the longer I stare at the word psych the weirder it looks). Anyway, here's an update during my exam week, aren't you lucky? Don't worry I still have my priorities (somewhat) straight, I wrote 50% of this chapter two weeks ago. Confused about my writing schedule? Yeah, me too. Additional note; there's been a time skip ]

-

"You know, you've changed." Chrissy mused, staring at me with her head resting on her palms.

I watch the water dispenser stop before turning back to face her, "What?" I said incredulously, raising an eyebrow.

She simply shrugged, "I could hardly recognise you on my first day. You used to be pretty toned."

"Is this the first time you noticed? We've been working together for over a month." I laughed, "Well, I always thought I had a fast metabolism. Guess I need to find a new excuse and embrace the consequences of junk food."

"Don't you have a faulty heart or something now?"

"Yeah, but I've embraced that too."

"You embrace death?" she joked.

"More so that I'm not worried about it. My symptoms aren't serious, just the occasional shortness of breath and lightheadedness I guess."

She smirked, "Good. I missed your company, and frankly don't want to lose it again."

"Your sweetness really comes and goes." I noticed, grinning.

Chrissy rolled her eyes, twirling her hair with her fingers before it bounces back, "So tell me why she chose you to close up again? And why I'm so nice for staying when my shift ended hours ago?"

"I think she chose me because she knew everyone else has a life." I joked. "And yes, thank you for staying back with me."

She laughed, "I bet she's pregnant, she's not here because she threw up earlier right?"

"Pregnant?" I echoed.

"Yeah, that thing that happens when two people love each other so much that even latex can't stay between them."

"That's a hilarious way to put it." I snorted, "But Ty and I were actually bastards."

Chrissy made a sour face, "You say that like you both came from the same place."

"We did. A womb." I retorted smugly.

She snorted, "All right. Hurry it up, it's already getting dark...San Fransisco feels like it's mourning."

"I don't mind, you can protect me."

"I'll sacrifice you if the situation calls for it, I've been meaning to get rid of you so I can take your identity." she joked absently.

"Yes, because you could totally pull that off since we look so alike." I drawled.

"I'll just tell everyone that I, Liv, got a permanent spray tan. Like, five times too many." she retorted.