Chapter Thirty-Six - 'The Peculiar Case Of Three Heroes'

[ A/N: I know some of you may not enjoy this chapter, and that's fine. It's actually skippable if you really dislike text with no dialogue (but I don't recommend it). The next chapter will be back to normal. This is more like ch36.5 as it happens in the same timeline as the previous chapter. So you know things Olivia does... ]

-

A documentary: (The Super Files- an excerpt)
After years of vigorous investigation with the otherworldly grasp of bodies which belonged to past Supers such as 'Hydro' from Hawaii with the ability of conjuring liquids who of which was found dead in a pool of her own blood from a gaping wound to the chest 5 years ago, and another Super from Spain dubbed by the public as 'Raya Roja' for his combustion ability. Raya Roya died 9 years ago fighting against an aggravated burglary at a bank with multiple bullet wounds to his torso that ended his extraordinary life.
To this day both Hydro and Raya Roya's bodies are being conditioned for the purpose of continuing further investigation.
When Hydro's body was found 5 years ago, research concerning her possible background and identity was quickly found linked to Honolulu's local lifeguard, Liana Reyes, 25, who was reported missing roughly the same time Hydro was found dead. Close friends and fiancé of Reyes were interviewed and asked to identify Hydro's body. Though incredibly shocked and distraught, they claimed Hydro's mutilated body definitely belonged to their 'missing' friend. Reyes' files were further investigated to find she has no reports of living parents and her written ethnicity betrays the information gathered from her samples. Reyes had lived alone until 24 when she got engaged to her fiancé who claimed he did not know of her persona as a Super. He'd stated there was nothing remotely strange or suspicious about Reyes, repeating her lifeguard occupation in denial. Upon learning the confirmed identity of Reyes as Hydro, her fiancé was registered into a psych ward due to his inability to cope.
Concerning Raya Roya, his blood traced scientists not to a person, but to an ethnicity that was not in Spain, but the neighbouring Portugal. Raya Roya's identity remains to be the biggest mystery thus far.
Scientists now have a new vessel that is the revered Super, Steele, which fell in New York. And with her, an opportunity for a clearer lead.
Steele's body was throughly examined as was Raya Roya's and Reyes' with many scans and a variety of body samples.
Steele's ability to harden her skin was suspected to only initiate by her will, her skin otherwise had the same elasticity as a human's which scientists found immensely strange and as unexplainable as Raya Roya's human combustion and Hydro's water bending abilities.
Though the scans did not show anything out of the ordinary, with the samples, it was found that all three of the subjects have unidentifiable, minuscule cells in their blood. However, it is too early to know what it is exactly as they all vary with the person. Scientists are taking extra precaution as they continue their investigation.
Despite the peculiar substance in the blood, everything else seemed to be normal and unlike Raya Roya's unlinked identity, Steele's distinctive features (facial birthmark, moles etc) and DNA samples managed to be traced to a missing persons case 7 years ago to a young girl named Ella Pearson.
Ella Pearson's mother was tracked down, but she was not situated in New York- Steele's city. Ella's mother, Becky Pearson was located in Texas and she was interviewed about her supposedly still missing daughter from 7 years ago. The news of Steele's incredibly high possibility of being her daughter did not come as much of a shock to the rather eccentric mother who was both wheelchair ridden and evidently worn down.
Becky Pearson claimed Ella was just a normal girl who only had the single problem of dyslexia. Becky promises nothing about her daughter seemed strange to her. As Ella Pearson's missing report was filed 7 years ago when she was 17, Steele is now known to be 24 years in age. However, Steele had only been an active Super for 4 years in New York whilst Ella Pearson had been missing for 7. The gap and whereabouts between timelines remains a mystery. And unlike Reyes', there have been no reports linkable to Steele for her possible identity in New York.
For little over two decades to now, the world has had 39 Supers all set with incredible abilities. Of these 39, only Raya Roya, Hydro and Steele have been investigated. The location and deaths of the rest remain unknown when Supers go into suspected 'hiding' or 'retirement'. Currently, there are 29 active Supers worldwide, most located and spread throughout the USA. The female to male ratio of supers are quite even and seemingly randomised, however, it appears that the age range of Supers are quite young.
Theorists have narrowed down possibilities-