Chapter 6 - the real -

Next morning I just smiled to Luke and didn't say anything. He just looked in his cup. We both couldn't forget last evening. I never thought that I will do something like this. I was bad girl but...  not that bad. Until this. I'm not saying that I didn't like that kissing and little bit more than this. 

"You've never been so quiet." My voice trembled a bit. 

"I'm just... thinking." Luke finally looked at me.

"About what?" I never felt that shy. "Yesterday?"

"Yeah." He answered.

"I shouldn't do that, I know. Sorry." I didn't look in his blue eyes anymore. He stood up and came closer to me.

"Don't be." Luke took my hand.

"I'm such a slut." I tried not to cry but it was like hardest thing ever. I knew that I like him but he's my cousin.

"You're not." He sat near to me and hugged me.

"I am." Tears started falling. "I'm almost eighteen years old but I had sex more than most of girls in my age. When I see some cute guy, I just want him. I can't help myself. When I get something, I feel loved."

"Ariana, don't cry..." Luke whispered in my ear but I couldn't stop. "You're not a slut. Everyone wants to be loved."

"Yeah, but you're my cousin." I sobbed.

"I said that we can forget it for these months." Luke kissed me softly and I wrapped my hands around his neck. One moment I let him kiss me but then I slowly push him away. Luke looked to me surprised.

"Is something wrong, Ariana?'"  He was worried.

"I need to go to school." I smiled fake and stood up. 

"Umm, okay." He let me walk on by.

"Yeah. Will you take me or?" I acted innocent girl.

"Yes, I will." Luke scowled and took the keys of his car.

Ten minutes later we already were there.

"Bye." One more fake smile and I kissed him. 

"What?" I asked and stopped kissing him. His eyes was wide open.

"Don't play with me and don't fool me." Luke said very seriously.

"What?" I didn't understand.

"You gotta go." 

***

I really didn't understand what happened. Only ten hours earlier we were kissing and I was ready to have sex with him. But now... I don't know. Maybe I was just drunk. But when I first saw him after those 10 years, I wasn't drunk. I felt like never before. They probably were butterflies in my stomach that I never felt.

"Hey!"I turned my head and saw girl in my age with brown, weavy hair and brown eyes.

"Excuse me. Do we know each other?" I asked.

"I know who you are but you probably don't know who I am. I'm Lindsay." She smiled.

"Oh. Nice to meet you. Are you in my grade?' I wasn't rude anymore like I was in my first school. And whatever - she was first girl in this school that talked to me.

"Yes.' Lindsay chuckled. "By the way - first lesson is English. That way." She showed. 

"Thanks." I said awkwardly.

"For what?" She turned her head.

"For being nice to me." I said unsure. "In my first school everyone was nice to me only because I was very popular and they,probably, were scared of me." Lindsay chuckled again.

"You're cool and I'm totally not afraid of you. Come on, it's only three minutes 'till our first lesson." She took me by the hand. I felt kinda weird because I thought that someone could think that we look like lesbians but nothing like that. It could happen in that school I've learned before. Not here. 

"Hey, Ariana!" Some guy weaved to me.

"Excuse me?" Who's is he?

"I'm Jacob. Don't you remember?" He smiled. Of course - a guy with blonde hair and dark green eyes.

"Oh, sorry, I almost forgot about you." I laughed.

"That means you don't like me enough or you have bad memory." He sat next to me.

"No, I like you." I smiled. "As a friend.' I said after moment. Awkward. Jacob stared at me with a little laugh.

"Get it." Bell ringed and English started.

***

"So.. What's next lesson?" I asked Lindsay when we went downstairs.

"Music." She yawned. "My anti-fav."

"Why?" I asked. Actually, music was one of my favourites and I totally couldn't understand how someone could hate this lesson."

"I'm bad at singing. I've got terrible voice." My new friend explained.

"Just show me how you sing." I proposed.

"Here?" Lindsay looked around. "No."

"Why? No one will pay attention to that!" I said.

"Umm... Okay. What should I sing?" She still looked around.

"Umm... How about.... "Firestarter" by Samantha Jade?" I suggested.

"I don't know that song." Lindaay shook her hand.

"What? Lyrics are like this: You could be my match stick, light me up... If you love me the way I want it, play the part...Come on lay me down, down, down and down, only take a minute starting my ignition... It's gonna burn when you touch me, when you touch me..." I sang.

"Wow! You have amazing voice!" Jacob was already here.

"No, I don't." I stared at the floor. No one ever heard me singing. I did it only when I was home alone and I never thought I have an amazing voice.

"You have." Jacob winked. "My sister is going to musical school. She knows how to sing right and she has good voice. So... yeah. I'm just saying.' Guy smiled. "You should show your voice to people."

"No, I don't think so..." I wasn't sure.

"Jacob's right." That's Lindsay. "You could be a singer, you only need a little practice. But you already sing better than most of students in our school."

"Umm... I will think about it." Bell again. Let's start the music!